Mule Shed hunting

street

WKR
I'm not sure if this is the proper location to post this or not so I apologize if it isn't. I was out shed hunting for the second time this year. Finally found a couple good ones.

Anyone else really into shed hunting? Curious what peoples tactics are. I've read some articles on it but really they aren't that helpful. I know a lot of it is increasing your odds by being in the field as much as possible, just wondering if people try to key in on certain habitat vs others, glassing mostly, etc? Thanks!

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
6E2FA3F6-9B22-45B5-963B-DE0DE478525B.jpegDo a little🧐 so much is area and weather related but yes time afield and habitat knowledge go a very long way on success very similar to hunting how hard do you want to work👍510B7CE5-56E7-45AA-B13A-792F39301541.jpeg

Harvey_NW

WKR
The habitats and resources will change with the location. The best thing to do is figure out what they are targeting as a food source, and as a bed source in that particular area or elevation. More often than not they shed where they bed.

Thejet

WKR
Best way i have found is getting permission to walk farm fields right as the snow melts in the spring. Outside of that lots of walking and glassing!