Muley Freak poaching case plea deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

WKR

WKR
Anyone have they details? I know they removed the felony charge and reached a plea deal agreement but not much else. Must have had a hell of a lawyer. And now that he has been convicted, will companies finally stop doing business with that brand?

Appears that he pleaded guilty today and was sentenced. 90 day suspended jail sentence, probation until June 2025, just under $1200 in fines for Trespassing on Cultivated Property and Disturbing the Peace.

From another forum

Elite

WKR
Appears that he pleaded guilty today and was sentenced. 90 day suspended jail sentence, probation until June 2025, just under $1200 in fines for Trespassing on Cultivated Property and Disturbing the Peace.

From another forum

That’s a weak fine…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR

From another forum
Did he atleast lose hunting rights during the probationary period?

Did he atleast lose hunting rights during the probationary period?
Didn’t sound like it. You’ll have to look up on HuntTalk, they’ve been following it pretty closely. Possible felony case still open but I’m not sure if that’s totally accurate or if the court system hasn’t updated the case online yet.

RMM

WKR
Small fines seem to be the norm when these douche bag “celeb” hunters break the rules. It’s F’n pathetic! Throw the book at them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ESPECIALLY when its said persons second or third offense. Guys a complete tool bag.

TSAMP

WKR
I am generally pretty unbiased. Or try to be. I don't follow anyone, but know who MF is based mostly on this website.

Am I the only one thinking if he got off with only this slap on the wrist, there probably wasn't much there to begin with. As I recall this centered mostly around trespassing. He thought he had permission, he didn't. I do believe he ended up shooting something which is likely how we got here.

Based on the material I recall, this seems pretty standard given the details provided so far. They couldn't prove much or they would have went for more.

TheTone

WKR
My guess is it won’t effect his sponsorship or place in the “industry” at all. There are tons and tons of others with worse offenses out there that no one cares about and are still exploiting wildlife for a check

its more then I expected, since he had permission to hunt, just not that pasture(allegedly) after they kill a big buck. Its comes down to is he said she since he had actual permission to hunt and be on ranch. At Best its a misdemeanor trespass charge in most states.

Moral is get very detailed written, texted or emailed permission not verbal

Status
Not open for further replies.