Music licensing help

Pwells10

WKR
Trying to figure out licensing for music background on hunting vids. Ive contacted the licensing agencies to see what I need to do, but no reply.

All help is appreciated. Thanks!

(I'm not making money off my videos if that helps)

Poser

WKR
Trying to figure out licensing for music background on hunting vids. Ive contacted the licensing agencies to see what I need to do, but no reply.

All help is appreciated. Thanks!

(I'm not making money off my videos if that helps)

It doesn’t matter if you are making money or not, you still need a “sync” (synchronization) license from the publisher to sync copyrighted music with film content. Your best bet at this level is to use one of the 3rd parties mentioned above.

OP
Pwells10

Pwells10

WKR
I'd use a service like Artlist or Music Bed and then you don't need to worry about going through an agency.

I'll definitely check those out. There's a particular song I want to incorporate but ive checked a third party before (can't remember which) and they didnt have it listed.

OP
Pwells10

Pwells10

WKR
It doesn’t matter if you are making money or not, you still need a “sync” (synchronization) license from the publisher to sync copyrighted music with film content. Your best bet at this level is to use one of the 3rd parties mentioned above.
Thank you!

cwillmon

FNG
I’ve also used Artlist and Music Bed as going through the licensing agent was a pain. Artlist and Music Bed don’t have a lot of your mainstream songs, just their own stuff that smaller. Most of their higher quality stuff on their sites will run you around $40. Some of those sites you can purchase a membership that’ll give you unlimited access to their songs though.