Mt nonresident youth

MNGrouser

FNG
I'm looking for some help with a Montana nonresident youth sponsored hunt. I've spent a lot of time on the fwp website, but am not 100% sure of my answer. I have a nephew I'd like to bring to MT this year. Being his uncle is not a close enough degree of family for me to sponsor him. Not that it matters because I didn't draw a tag this year anyway. But my dad (his grandpa) and brother (his dad) both drew tags and could be sponsors.
I've downloaded the form and sent it to the hunters who could sponsor him. They've sat on their...hands, and we're running short on time. Not sure the mail in option will get him a tag in time for our trip. The other option is to fill out the form and bring it to an fwp field office. We'll be in eastern Montana. Do we need to drive to Glasgow or Miles City? Or will any gas station/ licensing agent be able to help us out?
Please don't bother lecturing on the irresponsibility of procrastinating like this, I've already got THAT covered! Thanks.

You will have to go to a region 7 FWP office and fill out the apprentice youth hunter form. You will need the kids social security number. Call FWP first to confirm your situation. Info listed is for a resident youth hunter. Non resident might have additional requirements. Call FWP in Helena and Miles City to confirm what is needed.

Soj51hopeful

Lil-Rokslider
Pretty simple process. I took one of my boys into the Missoula office and signed up for the mentor / apprentice program. Took less than 20 minutes.

OP
M

MNGrouser

FNG
Thank you both for the tips. I know we could have done this easier, but that isn't the way my family rolls. I just wanna see my nephew shoot a pig!!!

OP
M

MNGrouser

FNG
How did the hunt go?
Excellent! My nephew's buck isn't going to make any Boone & Crocket lists but he shot a bigger buck than either his dad or grandpa. Made a clean, one-shot, kill. And he fist pumped and said a swear-word when his buck dropped.