Muskox/ caribou hunt in Nunavut

Joseph2186

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone hunted with Canadian North outfitters for muskox and caribou been talking with Shane Black was just looking for some information of those who have done this hunt. Going to be late september. Thanks

I hunted just caribou with them last year and had a good hunt. Are you looking at their hunt from town or the tent camp location down on the lake.

I believe both are just as successful, but I liked the remoteness of the tent camp vs hunting from town.

If you have any questions, shoot them my way and I'll help as I can.
3f3811f62dcddb900f479362e74a39c0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

I did a couple of archery caribou hunts from town (Baker Lake) without success and with a very minimal amount of caribou spotted back in 2018 and 2019.

Hunted out of the tent camp and got a nice caribou in 2021….last critter for my archery super slam. Was a fun hunt with lots of caribou around.

Saw numerous musk ox herds on all three hunts.

That said caribou are wandering critters, and what happened in previous years is no guarantee for the upcoming year! Musk ox appear to be more predictable.

Canada North is a fine outfitter run by good people in my experience across the caribou hunts plus a polar bear hunt (all archery in my case).

Good luck!

OP
Joseph2186

Joseph2186

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you, said about staying in the hotel , then if no caribou around going out in tents.

Do you remember what taxidermy studio the hides and antlers are shipped to?
I'd have to look it up, but my caribou is at a place outside of Toronto. Don't have it back yet, but I decided to have them mount it after scoring for P&Y.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk