My 2024 Sheep Hunts

aoudad

FNG
Alright, I'm not well known here, but I have had a stone sheep hunt booked for this year and also burned all my draw luck on the WY sheep super tag........ After killing my desert sheep in UT last year, I can not wait for September. My outfitter from last year hooked me up on both of my outfitters this year otherwise I wouldn't have had any clue where to start. Being from TX, I plan to drive to WY and also northern BC ( I aint leaving my sheep in BC)...... Im down over 40lbs from 2 years ago, and down 8lbs from my UT sheep hunt...... trying to get another 15lbs cut that will get me right at 200 and where I want to be. Ive been down the lightweight forum and have pretty much all the gear I need for both hunts, minus a good camera and a few small things...... I'll keep this thread going and post pics along the way. Good luck to all those that drew a tag this year!
Summer is almost here and about to get a couple new rifles broke in

ol490

Lil-Rokslider
Good for you! That’s an awesome year in the making. I’ve always enjoyed the prep and anticipation for sheep hunts nearly as much as the hunts themselves and you have 2x to anticipate.
I hope you kill two ancient rams and keep us all updated here so we can live vicariously through your hunts.

Good luck.

OP
aoudad

aoudad

FNG
WY sheep rifle
Exile Rifle Co. 6.5 PRC
ATACR 4-16
18” bbl

Attachments

• IMG_7460.jpeg
    IMG_7460.jpeg
    454.4 KB · Views: 58
OP
aoudad

aoudad

FNG
British Columbia stone /Dall sheep rifle ( Dall sheep is next year )
Gunwerks Clymr 6.5 PRC 18”bbl

Attachments

• IMG_6866.jpeg
    IMG_6866.jpeg
    257.8 KB · Views: 48
OP
aoudad

aoudad

FNG
Ah my bad - did you pick a unit yet? I drew a sheep tag as a resident in Area 1 two years ago FWIW happy to provide info if you chose that zone.
No worries, have an outfitter hired, so whatever unit we go to! I think I have to hunt units with 8 or more tags per unit? I’d have to look at the tag.