My daughter shot her first with a bow this weekend!

Took my 13 year old out for her first sit of the year this past Sunday. She is a stone cold kller with a gun, but had yet to connect with her bow. She made a good shot and had officially joined the ranks! Lots of fun and good memories made!

I was able to get the hunt on film. Check it out!

IMG_3486.jpeg

Last edited:

Luked

WKR
Very cool, Congrats to her.
I will be taking my 10 year old daughter for the first time this year for Youth Rifle.

I remember one of my good friends pulling his kids out of School to go Bear hunting with us. When the principal protested he told him that, "I am not going to let School get in the way of a real education". Looks like you have a Daughter getting and enjoying a "real education" ,well done to both of you.

OP
Justin Byers
I remember one of my good friends pulling his kids out of School to go Bear hunting with us. When the principal protested he told him that, "I am not going to let School get in the way of a real education". Looks like you have a Daughter getting and enjoying a "real education" ,well done to both of you.
That's a great story!

I had a similar situation when I was the same age my daughter is (13).
I was a freshman in highschool, and our algebra teacher was fresh out of college and a horrible teacher. Over half the class was failing.... Anyhow, we had an exam coming up and dad was taking me out early on Friday and we were going to bow hunt Friday evening and the weekend. When my teacher gave me a hard time, I passed that along to my dad who promptly called the female principal, Mrs Patton, who had 2 grown boys and a husband who loved to hunt. Mrs Patton told my dad that I would be having no more trouble from my math teacher.... lol ...... I killed my first deer that weekend....... Interestingly, because of her backing me up (along with being a great person\principal in general) to this day I invite her 56 year old son and her grandsons hunting out here in Montana with me each year...