My new 62 caliber flintlock rifle!

dhaverstick

Lil-Rokslider
A little over a month ago I had a feller, Mike Delougherty, contact me after reading my traditional muzzleloader article in the 11/18 issue of "Fur-Fish-Game" magazine. He said he had a left-handed 62 flinter that really wanted to go moose hunting and wanted to know if I could give it a new home. Mike had it custom made back in 1986 for elk hunting but was not able to do that sort of thing anymore and he wanted the gun to go to someone who would use it. He sent me some photos of the rifle and the first thing I liked about it was that the barrel was only 30" long. All my longrifles are truly "looong" and I thought this gun would be ideal for toting around in the brush, my preferred place to hunt. The price he wanted for the gun was certainly reasonable and since he lives about 3 hours from me, we set up a date to rendezvous so I could see the rifle in person.

I drove to his place last Friday and couldn't have been happier with what I found. The rifle is in excellent condition! Mike even showed me the antlers off the 2 bull elk he had killed with it. The bonus was all the stuff Mike gave me in addition to the rifle. I got several cans of different grade powders, balls, shot, ball molds, a melting pot, lead, and a bunch of tools. He even threw in an old rusty barrel and stock from the mid 1800's. They aren't anything usable but they sure do make a great conversation piece!

I still have a couple of firearm seasons left in Missouri that I can try this baby out in. I sure would like to christen it properly!

Darren

JmMsYgb.jpg

BMBnFKw.jpg

2om3FOu.jpg

zZYTTGN.jpg

Zh9RGoD.jpg

Here are all the extras: two boxes of stuff, a big can of shot, and a bag of lead.
HqIhw5E.jpg