My reloading bench progress

CCamp88

FNG
Its not much but Im proud of my work so far. I just started buying my equipment to reload and while I wait on some of my items to get in I decided to give building a table a shot. This is just #2 2x6s to practice on and my first table top glue up. I know its going to get beat up, but I didnt want to mess up a bunch of hardwood on my first attempt. Going to add some power outlets, cabinets and a peg board once I finish the frame. image2.jpeg

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    359 KB · Views: 69
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    202.3 KB · Views: 69
OP
C

CCamp88

FNG
something to consider is putting it on wheels, it gives you options especially if the reloading area is in a shared space....
I had considered this as I have some big casters, but this is going in a mobile office and wont need to be moved. Il prob need them more for when I set my woodworking tools up. Im currently having to drag everything outside at the moment. I am digging the Crown Royal bags! Your setup is super nice.

Last edited:
OP
C

CCamp88

FNG
Had some time over the weekend to finish the table portion. All done with 2x6 #2 milled and glued with no visable fasteners save a few finish nails on the mitres to hold for clamping. Im going to add some outlets to the backsplash today and figure out a solution for some cabinets. All in all im pleased and proud of my work considering I just pulled the whole design out of my head. Any ideas on a good finish for it?

Attachments

• reload 1.jpeg
    reload 1.jpeg
    361.1 KB · Views: 57
  • reload 2.jpeg
    reload 2.jpeg
    535.9 KB · Views: 57

Clarktar

WKR
Good work. I've been wanting to install some sort of mount for my tools (press, Lee trimmer) and was thinking of the flush mount from inline, but maybe I will go with the track!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OP
C

CCamp88

FNG
Good work. I've been wanting to install some sort of mount for my tools (press, Lee trimmer) and was thinking of the flush mount from inline, but maybe I will go with the track!

I really like the track idea. I havent got to use it yet, but just using #8 3/4" screws it seems to be plenty sturdy enough to handle the press. Edit* In hindsight I would have done the railing across the entire length of the table. As it is, if I want to remove the T bolts I will have to slide them out of the one end.

Clarktar

WKR
What screws and top thumb nuts are you using to hold trimmer and press onto the tracks?