my son drew wy

bnsafe

WKR
my son drew his cow tag for unit 8. hes 20 but never killed a elk beings we are from mo. he moved to wy after high school and joined the wy nat gaurd and going to college so this should be a great learning experience for him. hopefully I can get out and tag along with him.

WKR
my son drew his cow tag for unit 8. hes 20 but never killed a elk beings we are from mo. he moved to wy after high school and joined the wy nat gaurd and going to college so this should be a great learning experience for him. hopefully I can get out and tag along with him.
If he drew a type 6 tag he could also get a general tag to hunt a bull in general areas. As a wy resident, he can get a gen elk tag OTC, no need to draw.

cnelk

WKR

I know right where he needs to go!
We'll talk again soon :)

OP
B

bnsafe

WKR
it is a type 6. didnt know he could get a general tag. if he is interested guess we will have to do some research.
looking forward to it cnelk. both my kids have elk tags this year and neither have killed a elk. should be fun.

OP
B

bnsafe

WKR
ok, so I am from mo and kinda worried now. someone said on another thread most type 6 tags were off nf only. where do I find out rather unit 8 is like that. I looked on their site and didnt find it. maybe I screwed it up with all the choices, but sure didnt see anything about off nf hunts in unit 8. also looking for general tag lisc units.

Jethro

WKR
Don’t believe everything you read on the internet. It would be listed under “limitations” if it was off nf only2B0C0664-81C2-4603-B334-B19C8B03359F.png

Last edited:
OP
B

bnsafe

WKR
thank you. i also finally found where it looks like unit 9 is general for residents so would be a great close to home area for him.