My water leak test results

Besides rubbers, only thing ive had luck staying waterproof over time are all leather boots that are conditioned properly. I dont stand in water with them on for extended periods, but stream crossings, wet grass all day rain, etc. no issues at all in my schnees beartooths.

Crispi customer service is top notch. I like my valdres for warmer weather and they leaked. Not a full leather boot…the tongue is a neoprene type material, but they breathe much better than full leather. A trade off Im willing to make to combat sweat. Crispi replaced them no hassle. I plan on trying some full leather crispis after my beartooths wear out because crispis fit me better. Zero complaints on the beartooths, they are a hell of a boot but the wide sizes from crispi are much wider than schnees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh you FILLED them with water.. not really the same thing.. you can have seam issues.. I've had to send several boots back after ingress.. If you filled them with water they would leak like a sieve.
Delayed response...

Did that to a pair of Kenetrek Mountain Extremes that had about 4.5 years of hard use. They leaked from the back, front eyelets, and even through the bottoms.

Did that to a pair of Kenetrek Hardscrabble that were barely used. Zero leaks.

Did that to a pair of new Kenetrek Mountain Extremes and had zero leaks.

I now have a pair of Kenetreks for use in AZ/NM/Mexico and another pair for everywhere else.

Long story short: test your footwear before hunting season with enough time to break-in a new pair.

Fullfan

WKR
I received a refund from Gore for the cost of my boots and the shipping.
I will be buying another pr of the Idaho's.

TheHammer

WKR
I also do not have luck with crispis, or hanwags, the best boot I have ever owned is a pair of kenetreks, they have never left me with a wet foot and excellent support in all terrain.

Blandry

WKR
Delayed response...

Did that to a pair of Kenetrek Mountain Extremes that had about 4.5 years of hard use. They leaked from the back, front eyelets, and even through the bottoms.

Did that to a pair of Kenetrek Hardscrabble that were barely used. Zero leaks.

Did that to a pair of new Kenetrek Mountain Extremes and had zero leaks.

I now have a pair of Kenetreks for use in AZ/NM/Mexico and another pair for everywhere else.

Long story short: test your footwear before hunting season with enough time to break-in a new pair.
absolutely after break in.. the eyelets are the worse, seams too if you have seams on the lower parts of the boot. In reality, the rand takes care of it if you wear gaiters so yeah...it is what it is. I just try to stay away from boots with much stitching just above the rand now.

It might leak out on the water test but your feet stay dry.