Mystery Ranch Terraframe

North61

Lil-Rokslider
The Terraframe 80 looks like a pretty nice pack and the MR website talks about a load limit of 150 pounds! It has the overload shelf and is between the Metcalf and Marshall in capacity. Any-one looked at one of these and have an opinion on how the Terraframe measures up to the guidelight frame?

I wonder that myself. And what about the two frames is different enough that bags aren’t compatible between them. That said I’ve had no reason to look past my guide light. Maybe I would’ve bought a Marshall if I’d known the pintler would be a bag only option. .

A buddy of mine picked up one of these packs this summer for long backpacking trips. The bag/frame is in their expedition line of packs. It’s a solid pack for sure.

ams

WKR
I ordered one. The frames look essentially the same and are the same weight. The Terraframe uses duraflex SJ buckles so I plan to switch out the male/female buckles on the mule to use with the frame, possibly a Pintler. I like size and weight and 330 fabric should hold up fine for me. Also you can get them for under $350

OP
N

North61

Lil-Rokslider
Got a message back from MR. They claim it will haul as much as the Guide-Lite frame (up to 150 pounds) as they are almost identical frames. Very tempted.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
I ran it this year. Great pack. Hauled a couple of boned out deer in it along with day gear so I was pushing 100 + pounds and once I got it adjusted it was awesome.

Randy

aion2come

WKR
Does anyone know where to source the SJ buckles for a DIY addition for a bag? I called MR and they don't sell buckles.