Mzl Hunter Pleads Not Guilty

Poser

WKR
The PA man who killed a archery hunter has entered a plea of “not guilty” to the charges.
A trail date has been set.

Fatcamp

WKR
Interesting the commission voted unanimously to shelf the proposal.

Last edited:

sndmn11

WKR
I genuinely hope that whatever negotiations the prosecution and defense are involved in are not a deal to any lesser charges.

Regardless, I doubt he spends more than 180 days in the county jail and is then released on probation (transfered to home jurisdiction PA corrections) for the remainder of his couple year sentence.

Reactions: NB7

RMM

WKR
Yep he should get the max sentence of 6 years. Just pure negligence. I cant believe he wasnt offered a deal to plead out, If he was and is still choosing to fight it.. well he deserves every second he gets.

Wvroach

WKR
Yep he should get the max sentence of 6 years. Just pure negligence. I cant believe he wasnt offered a deal to plead out, If he was and is still choosing to fight it.. well he deserves every second he gets.
Yeah even at max sentence of 6 with "good" time he will get out in 3... Ridiculous, he should owe the family of his victim restitution the rest of his life.

Old-Cat

Lil-Rokslider
Sadly this happens most every year.

I can’t imagine pulling trigger without seeing what I’m shooting. I suppose he was jacked up hearing his calls get a response, that I understand. But the discharge I don’t.

The man is gonna have to live the rest of his days w this on his conscience, a pretty heavy burden regardless of the jail time he gets. And the man he shot? His family and friends will be without him for the rest of their days on this planet. The whole thing is tragic.

Last edited:

Erict

WKR
Just for pleading "not guilty" after he's already admitted that he did it.........I'd tack on another 5 years mandatory jail time if I was the judge.

Just because he admitted what he did does not mean that he is guilty of the charge - that is something the prosecutors must prove. Anyone in his shoes with legal counsel would be doing the same thing. Lastly, glad you are not a judge - finding defendants guilty before trial and doling out sentences based on emotion instead of the law.

Yeah even at max sentence of 6 with "good" time he will get out in 3... Ridiculous, he should owe the family of his victim restitution the rest of his life.
There's a guy I went to highschool with that did more time than that for drug possession. Pretty ****** up.

NB7

WKR
Of course he's entering a not guilty plea now, at least in this stage of the proceedings. That's all part of the jostling of any defense preparation. It's all subject to change as the trial approaches. Maybe they'll strike a deal, maybe he'll take it to trial. If he's currently on any type of home-detention or monitoring, every passing day could be counting towards time served. Not sure how it is in Colorado but it is that way in many cases here in MD.

As far as jail time?
Deserved? In my opinion...absolutely.

Likely? Well now don't get your hopes up, especially in the current era of "criminal justice reform" seen all across the country. Between mostly democratic liberal prosecutors, political pressure for justice reform, coupled with what Covid has done to prisons and jails (whole lot of ankle monitors and home detention sentences going on in the last 20 months across the nation)...I'm not expecting a sentence anywhere near what it oughta be, assuming he's convicted or takes a plea.

That being said, I don't know the first thing about the SA office or courts of whichever jurisdiction in CO this all is going to take place in. Maybe he'll get the hammer. I hope so.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Lastly, glad you are not a judge - finding defendants guilty before trial and doling out sentences based on emotion instead of the law.
I just commented on the sentencing phase. I didn't find him guilty, he himself already admitted himself guilty. I'm just using the facts.......no emotion needed. Emotions aren't really my thing. Have you read the information at all that the CPW put out from their interviews with him? It's pretty cut and dry, black and white, by his own admission already. I'm pretty sure those admissions will be allowable and presented in the trial. Guilt has already been determined by the defendant himself. So pleading not guilty is a waste of money and time, by all involved. "When" he's officially found guilty, slap it on him for wasting the court's time and taxpayer money. There, is that better for you?