Nalgene “mods”

Anyone used the cap light that essentially make your nalgene a lantern. They seem cheaply made but if someone has used it and liked it, id like to know.

Netherman

WKR
Anyone used the cap light that essentially make your nalgene a lantern. They seem cheaply made but if someone has used it and liked it, id like to know.

Aim your headlamp/flashlight at the bottle and it will do the same thing.

Another fan of the cap cap as well.

Anyone use the easy sipper insert from nalgene? Looks like it pops in and out and makes a small opening for drinking from a wide mouth. Maybe I'm over analyzing as I know this page loves the capcap, but I hate the fact that a capcap is nearly the cost of a nalgene and renders the nalgene cap obsolete.

ChrisAU

WKR
Anyone use the easy sipper insert from nalgene? Looks like it pops in and out and makes a small opening for drinking from a wide mouth. Maybe I'm over analyzing as I know this page loves the capcap, but I hate the fact that a capcap is nearly the cost of a nalgene and renders the nalgene cap obsolete.

This is what I posted above, it is cheaper and I would bet it adds less weight. Works great.

Mikedlaw

Lil-Rokslider
The capcap is great. Also pods8 on here makes custom nalgene holders that are top notch.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Netherman

WKR
The capcap is great. Also pods8 on here makes custom nalgene holders that are top notch.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Since I'm incapable of independent thought. I'll add my second second for pods8 nalgene holder. Easy in, easy out, and secure.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wrap 3-4 layers of duct tape around it at the top above where your cup nests. Better grip and you can never have enough duct tape.

Trial153

WKR
I ordered a human gear cap. Me drinking out of a wide mouth bottle is on par with a two year old with a lidless sippy cup.

Boog304

FNG
I do the hot water on cold nights but slide it down in heavy wool sock to help retain heat and it also makes it not so hot to touch for the first few hours

Boog304

FNG
I also prefer the non acrylic Nalgene bottles they are softer and some come with the full size lid and a squirt lid at about 2/3 the price of acrylic

Also I make a few rounds with duct tape like above. It comes in handy for sure