NE Oregon

Has anyone been out in NE this year? I live in the valley and drew chesminus with 1 point. I’ll only get one, one week trip so I’m looking for any Intel on snow levels (S slope vs N slope elevations) and what roads are plowed or packed down enough to be drivable. I’m thinking second week in May but hoping l can narrow down some areas based on elevation. Pm preferred. Thanks for your time and good luck guys. Bill

Tmac

WKR
Was near Elgin Turkey hunting last weekend. Sled Springs. Was at about 3,000’. Shaded parts of roads often were impassable due to snow. Got some snow above about 5k’ while there, rain below. Overall very wet there, but just a normal winter as far as big game goes. The snow would accumulate and then melt some, no big drifts. I’d not expect much impact to elk from what I saw, and deer were OK too. Could be different where you are headed, but I’ve not heard horror stories there like we are seeing further east.

geterdone

FNG
The odot road cam on Hwy 3 near flora doesn't show much snow on the side of the road, that is about 4400ft elevation. The lower elevations in ches should be clearing up during the next heat wave. Unless we get another cold spell, early may should be clear under 5k ft.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk