Need a quality 6+ man tent

jblam

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks. Looking at the SO courthouse or Nemo wagontop as alternatives. Would like to go with something with a floor, but could just cut some tyvek to shape.

I think you would enjoy the cabelas guide tent. I started with the 8 man and then downsized to the 6 man as I mainly camp alone and its a bit easier to set up. Both tents fit 2 cots and 2 mens worth of gear. I leave on a northern BC elk/sheep hunt where we atv in a days ride to make a base camp. Three of us will be using the 6 man tent as our base.

again, I’m not gonna cram 6 dudes in a tent. Just 2. But I want some space, hence the 6 man tent.

You looked at a Kifaru 8 man?
I got one two years ago with a seek XL stove..I use it elk hunting for two weeks in Montana with a buddy. It's freaking perfect for two bros gear wood UL cots and even our Helinox chairs.

I love space on longer trips. For over night trips I don't really care. But coming back to a big shelter you can move around in is awesome on a long hunt.

I know guys say you can cram more guys into an 8 man. You can do a lot of things but it doesn't mean it's comfortable. When we have a third dude we make him bring his own shelter lol. Like you can come warm up but there's no room for you to sleep in here.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
This is an old thread guys. I ended up with a REI Base Camp tent and it works perfect for my needs. Held up to some gnarly Nevada archery season thunderstorms last year with flying colors.