Need an Upland Vest - Help Please

After many years with a typical jacket or vest with a game bag I made the jump to something modern. Got my first dog last year and realized carrying the extra stuff for the dog was a bit of a hassle with the classic gear. I settled on an ALPS Outdoorz Upland X based on availability and cost. I love it so far after maybe 8 or so hunts so far in it.

MtnMike

FNG
Ive had a 1/2 dozen upland vests, the filson upland guide vest is the creme de le creme!

Pockets where you need them, snaps with tabs (makes them easier to snap) water bottle holders, camelbak compatible, and the best feature is the hip belt.

I can't say how many times we hunted and my shoulders were smoked by the end of the day. Not anymore!

My hunting partner has the orvis version which is very nice too. After comparing and running a few hunts side x side, the Filson is the clear winner.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I ended up with the Chief Upland vest system. They had a smoking deal around black Friday so I jumped on it. I did some research and it rose to the top of the list. No where near enough time with it to say it's the best or not, but so far I'm happy with it and can at least say it is one worth considering.

Some good videos on it out there that helped me in my research.

TBarron

WKR
If anyone has a field and stream store near you. I scooped an Orvis Pro for 50% off they had both the Pro and LT at that discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dsconant

FNG
Has anyone tried the instinct prairie runner strap vest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk