Need Help - Floorless Shelter w/ bug nets

colersu22

WKR
I know your on a budget but buy the Cimarron now. Use it on the trip and when the budget allows buy the bug nest. I went with a Cimarron this year and so far absolutely love it. It works perfect for my set up.

I would go this route as well. I bought a Cimarron last year and have no complaints and it is plenty of room for me, my partner, stove and gear. My wife is not very keen to sleeping in a floorless so I have been looking at getting the nest so when she comes backpacking she will feel more comfortable.

If you need it for a hunt now and are talking about using it in the spring in Texas that gives you 6 months or so to save the money for the nest.

OP
J

jeg9792

Lil-Rokslider
The cimmaron is definitely at the top of my list, its just more tent than I need. I'm only wanting to use it as a 2-3 night spike camp, so I was looking for an option that was a little smaller and lighter. Don't wanna carry more weight up the mountain than I have to.

OP
J

jeg9792

Lil-Rokslider
Ended up finding a used LBO base-tarp-base from another member here. Don't have time this year but I'm going to get a nest for each base so I can leave the middle tarp area open as community/stove area. I think it will be a very versatile setup

Houndog80

FNG
Do you happen to know the dimensions of your nest? I am going to have one built by bearpaw and yours looks perfect.