Need holster help

cjthomas2

FNG
I am looking for to get a pistol holster set up for this elk season.

I am so torn between ordering a razco bino harness holster or a NW retention for my kifaru belt. I like the idea of the chest holster for having with me with or without pack, but…… I am worried it might get a bit uncomfortable towards end of hunt after many miles with the extra weight on shoulders.

I feel the belt might be more comfortable of the two but I don’t like not having pistol on me when I drop the pack.

Anyone have experience with either or both?
Those of you with the razco, does it seem to bother shoulders or neck with the extra weight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OrangeMan73

Lil-Rokslider
I really dig my drop leg thigh holster. I carry a 329PD in a Bianchi with a Bianchi hip extender, both relatively cheap off amazon. Yeah its a drop leg, and yeah its a large frame revolver, but its so light it does not affect my gait or hip belt on my pack. And I've drawn it very efficiently while coming across bears in the jungle brush.

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
After taking my pack off and being 10yds away from a monster blackbear while eating lunch, I made something like a kenai.
It goes on under my pack and has binos, rangefinder, diaphrams, wind checker and pistol.
Never used binos until I got good ones. Anyways, couldn't be happier with my decison. Everything I need is right there and always on me.
If you do go chest rig, I suggest something that has a lot of variation in how it can be worn or adjusted. Took me a little while to get it dialed in so its comfortable long term, doesnt get in the way and is accessible.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Truaxdw

Lil-Rokslider
Kenai, I use this holster after searching for recommendations on rokslide good fit for me.

OP
C

cjthomas2

FNG
How are you guys running the kenai with bino set up? Can you adjust it out of the way or does it sit right behind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went through this too...finally found the solution for my Glock 40MOS. I took a 1.5 inch OWB Paddle for Outside the Waistband Carry ($6.50) from wethepeopleholsters.com.

g40paddle attachment.jpg

and screwed it into a $49.99.Custom Kydex Optic Cut OWB Dara Holster after I removed the belt attachment that comes with the holster.

(https://www.daraholsters.com/).​

g40-6.jpg

Slides over the belt of my backpacks and locks in but can be transferred to my waistband in a couple of seconds if I gotta drop my pack for the final stalk.​

g40holster1.JPG
g40holster2.JPG

Doesn’t get beat up and wet like a drop holster on your leg, doesn’t get in the way like a chest rig (for those wearing bino bivys) and you can wear your sidearm any way you like, strongside, crossdraw, whatever.​

I did the same thing for my Glock 22. Field tested, hunter approved. Here’s the only thing ya gotta do. Once you screw the paddle to the holster, Super glue it in place. Those suckers rattle loose if ya don’t. Try it…you’ll like it, weighs virtually nothing and is secure, tough and durable for those nastier, wetter, dirtier treks when you need quality protection and quick access to your gun.​

Last edited: