New Argali Lightweight Tent Line **Review Added 7/10/22**

Lot of questions about where they are made...Fabric is from Taiwan, sewn in China. But before anyone equates sewn in China as lower quality, our factory only sews tents, does it for the top brands in the industry, and is anything but cheap. The quality of their products is as good as it gets, and I'd put the quality of our fabrics and sewing up against any tent, anywhere. We wouldn't put out a product if it wasn't up to our incredibly high standards of quality, and these tents are no exception.
I don’t think the anti china thing is about quality. Too bad you couldnt find another place to manufacture it. A lot of us will pay more money when it isn’t made in China.

j33

WKR
How long does a trekking pole need to be in order to us it instead of the cabin pole for the Rincon 2P? I think peak height is 54” so I assume about that?

Moserkr

WKR
@j33 Check out trekking pole extensions from ruta locura, or trekking pole hitches from a number of different manufacturers. 54” is too tall for a single trekking pole. I use a 20” ruta locura extension (1.1oz) on a similar sized tipi with a single pole. That being said, in bad weather I would carry an actual pole or cut a small tree for a pole.

The 2p argali tipi is on my list now. Will sell my SO BT2 cause it weighs 34oz and is smaller than the 2p argali which weighs a pound less. No brainer.

sszelong

Lil-Rokslider
Picked up the 2P today. I was also curious on the recommended stove size for it and if that recommendation changes with 1 vs 2P inside? Also, can the reflective material that is sewn in be used as additional guy out point if needed?

Moserkr

WKR
Grabbed the 2p today. Now wonder what stove to use in it.
Picked up the 2P today. I was also curious on the recommended stove size for it and if that recommendation changes with 1 vs 2P inside? Also, can the reflective material that is sewn in be used as additional guy out point if needed?
Bet you a 12” cylinder stove or box stove (~650 cu”) will heat you out of there easily, its what Im using in a similar sized tipi. Burn time just goes down on smaller stoves due to smaller wood size. I use older tigoat cylinder stoves - 12”, 640ci, 6’ pipe, 24oz, for my small tipi. 20”, 900ci, 8.5’ pipe, 32oz, for the big tipi which is 7.5’ tall and 13’ diameter.

sszelong

Lil-Rokslider
@Moserkr
I’ve used the SO medium (680 cu”) in a cimmaron before and worked well. Have you ever run one of the larger stoves in the smaller tipi with the draft cut back for a longer burn time? Assuming you have the room in the tipi for the larger stove

Moserkr

WKR
@sszelong I never have put the 20” stove in the small tipi, but I have room and have thought about doing it. Either way to get good coals you will heat yourself out of the tent, but burn time is significantly longer with a bigger stove ime. If I have big dia pieces of good wood on hot coals, set the dampener and air intake down to minimum, i can get 2-3 hours out of it. At 3 hours the tipi is cold and the coals are about gone, and thats the best Ive done. The 12” stove I can get 2 hours out of maybe. It does draft better though and i like how fast it gets hot. Weight difference between stove bodies on mine is 2oz, all other parts are interchangeable.

If I was in extreme cold Id opt for the bigger stove, but thats why I have multiple everything lol. Options. The big stove/tipi kept us warm through a blizzard by stoking it every few hours, 0* outside and 6” of snow, probably 50* inside - dry and comfortable.

To keep it related to the argali thread, it looks like theres plenty of room in either tipi to run whatever small to medium sized stove you want.

We've been working on a tent line for several years to build a line of shelters that had all of the features we wanted in a mountain hunting tent. I'm excited to finally launch this lineup. We're going to be selling a 2P and a 4P this year, with more sizes to come in future years. If you want all of the specs/details, check out the links below. We are going to be running a limited run pre-sale on February 15th at 10 a.m. MST if you are intersted in getting your hands on one. Shoot me any questions you have in the comments below.

We designed both our Absaroka 4p and Rincon 2P to be a balance between weight, space and size. Both tents feature our new and innovative ARC Removable stove jack system, which allows you to run the tent in lightweight mode when you know you aren't going to use a stove, or in hot tent mode when you want a stove by zipping in our zipping out the stove jack. This also will save some weight and bulk in your pack.

We also use a 20D sil poly fabric, which won't sag when wet, avoiding the dreaded "tent sag" that can happen with some fabrics and maintaining usable space inside the tent. A few other features:
  • Lightweight-1.87 lbs for Absaroka 4P, 19 oz for Rincon 2P
  • Adjustable Pitch-Sewn in line-loc adjusters on all guy-out points allow you to pitch close to the ground or elevated for better air flow.
  • Reflective materials sewn in throughout the tent for night visibility
  • Single Pole Pitch-Use a dediated center pole or trekking poles to pitch
  • Modular Design-Run in floorless mode or with an Insert for traditional double wall coverage
Link to Absaroka 4P Product Page
Link to Rincon 2P Product Page

View attachment 375980View attachment 375985
View attachment 375982
This + stove would be cool as a little ice fishing shelter.

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
How long does a trekking pole need to be in order to us it instead of the cabin pole for the Rincon 2P? I think peak height is 54” so I assume about that?
Sorry for the delay...most normal trekking poles will work, but yes, 52 or 54" in height.

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
@j33 Check out trekking pole extensions from ruta locura, or trekking pole hitches from a number of different manufacturers. 54” is too tall for a single trekking pole. I use a 20” ruta locura extension (1.1oz) on a similar sized tipi with a single pole. That being said, in bad weather I would carry an actual pole or cut a small tree for a pole.

The 2p argali tipi is on my list now. Will sell my SO BT2 cause it weighs 34oz and is smaller than the 2p argali which weighs a pound less. No brainer.
It definitely depends on your trekking pole length, but it can be pitched with a single trekker. 54" pitch is how it would pitch if it was elevated quite a bit, but for example I have a set that are 55" tall on their tallest setting. Hope that helps.

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yes, the sewn in webbing points are designe to be guy-out points. Good question.

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It can pitch from a low height of about 51" to a elevated height to 54".

Reactions: j33
OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Will be mid to late fall before we get more inventory.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk