New Crispi Thor/ new boot in General

chwebb03

FNG
I just busted the sole on some Low Renegades I've had for years when I recently started training with a 50lb pack for upcoming trips out west. My intention was to get a stiffer more rugged boot that would be good for year around use as well. Received the Thor 2's for christmas and first impression is whoa they are stiff. My question is since I got them for free should I keep them and break them in for future rugged hunts and get a softer pair for year around or is there a style you would recommend that's more rugged and suited for year around. I live in TN so not many places to try on mountain boots. I hike/train yr around. Summers get pretty hot here. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks Guys Yal are the best

OP
C

chwebb03

FNG
P.S. I think I only have til monday to return the Thors to Gohunt for their 30 day period.

Thanks again

Beckjhong

WKR
In my experience, with the original Thor’s, they’re great for everything except a packout. Depends on how much ankle support you need. If you haven’t yet made a trip out west, you’re most likely fine.

In my experience, with the original Thor’s, they’re great for everything except a packout. Depends on how much ankle support you need. If you haven’t yet made a trip out west, you’re most likely fine.

This. For a packout with additional weight, you'll want good ankle support as well as foot arch support with good "stiff" shank. If the sole is too flexible, you will feel it at the end of the day.

As far as breaking them in, I have two pairs of Crispi. The Colorado GTX and the Briksdal GTX. Neither really required any kind of a "break-in" period, I wore them for ten miles worth each just as a curtesy before taking them on hunts.

I will also add, you may want to go with an alternate insole with the proper arch support for your foot instead of the factory flat insole.