NEW Dialed Archery ARXOS Sight

wayoh22

WKR
$475 for the base model...

A cool feature or two I guess. The most notable being the angled sight rail that allows more yardage before vane clearance becomes an issue. That's nice for something like TAC but no real applicable use as far as I'm concerned. This would also change the your sight picture seeing as your sight isn't at a fixed length and would be moving closer or further depending on range of target. I wonder how much that would affect target acquisition and what not. Overall it's cool to see some innovation. 100% made in the USA with a lifetime waranty but I find it hard to justfiy that price tag for what's already in the market.

TheTone

WKR
The price is high! I also wonder a little about the interchangeable sight heads that appears mounted with a single bolt

Price is steep considering they are completely new to the market. I understand undercutting competition with pricing to grab market share but not sure about over cutting some very established companies with very strong followings. Will the company even be around to use a lifetime warranty in the future? That said more competition is always good for the consumer. I certainly won't be getting one

OP
wayoh22

wayoh22

WKR
Price is steep considering they are completely new to the market. I understand undercutting competition with pricing to grab market share but not sure about over cutting some very established companies with very strong followings. Will the company even be around to use a lifetime warranty in the future? That said more competition is always good for the consumer. I certainly won't be getting one
Couldn't agree more. I think it's neat to see some form of innovation but they didn't solve a problem anyone has IMO. Idk, will be interesting to see how long they are around.

I was about to buy until I saw the price. I just can’t do $500 for a site. Still looks really nice.

Rob5589

WKR
500 for a sight when you can buy a MBG or SH, both durable and proven, for significantly less is going to be a hard sell. Wish them luck for sure, nice to see it's American made.

Speedgoat91

Lil-Rokslider
These sights look awesome, and they should for that price tag… I know they are taking preorders for 2022 delivery, but has anyone here seen or touched a prototype?

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Im not seeing it either.
Single pin.
No multi pin options
seems like they are chasing the mathews crowd with the avaliable color options.

Wright406

WKR
I'm currently testing a prototype and if anyone has questions I'll do my best to answer them. I've owned both MBG and SH in very similar configurations. There will be multi pin options to come to answer that question. It certainly is a nice sight even in the prototype testing and I honestly am looking forward to the final production model. Being in direct contact with the business owners I can assure you they are listening to the market demands and doing their best to bring an amazing option to the sight arena.

OP
wayoh22

wayoh22

WKR
I'm currently testing a prototype and if anyone has questions I'll do my best to answer them. I've owned both MBG and SH in very similar configurations. There will be multi pin options to come to answer that question. It certainly is a nice sight even in the prototype testing and I honestly am looking forward to the final production model. Being in direct contact with the business owners I can assure you they are listening to the market demands and doing their best to bring an amazing option to the sight arena.
That's pretty cool you get to test it. So can you tell us from your experience what issues this sight is solving that others have? As someone stated above, it's coming across as over-cutting the market on a sight that doesn't solve anything.

Wright406

WKR
So far for me at least in comparison to the models of SH and MBG I had having the option for the sight tape on the inside is much nicer. As well as having the level at the top instead of the bottom. The availability in the future for swapping the pin housings at home is very slick as well. For people who want to target shoot in the off-season like myself having a single pin is preferred where as once season begins to come into sight you can swap back to a 3 or 5 pin. The one thing people keep saying is that the angle will induce a increasing gap of peep and housing alignment, I'll check with that soon but I don't see that being a huge problem

bat-cave

WKR
I agree the pricer is higher than I am willing to spend for a sight. I switch between an Axcel for Target shooting (3D) and Fast Eddie XL for hunting. Largely as I am lazy and hate to re-sight my bow between seasons ... I just change the sight and swap arrow setups (Yes, I do see the irony in my comments as I've plunked down more than the asking price of this sight for the two that I have ... over time).

The idea of swapping the mad to change the tape is intriguing for a guy like me that swaps sights as it's similar in how I would envision using it. I'm curious as to what the sight tapes will go to. It's off to me that NockOn has to make tapes that go past 100 yards, but even SH themselves has decided not to. For those wondering, I would consider shooting an animal at that range, but I do enjoy practicing long shots, especially for events like TAC & MAF.

I assume there is some sort of double indicator the double pin ... though it seems like the spacing is so far apart to be of less value ... IMHO

Wright406

WKR
I agree the pricer is higher than I am willing to spend for a sight. I switch between an Axcel for Target shooting (3D) and Fast Eddie XL for hunting. Largely as I am lazy and hate to re-sight my bow between seasons ... I just change the sight and swap arrow setups (Yes, I do see the irony in my comments as I've plunked down more than the asking price of this sight for the two that I have ... over time).

The idea of swapping the mad to change the tape is intriguing for a guy like me that swaps sights as it's similar in how I would envision using it. I'm curious as to what the sight tapes will go to. It's off to me that NockOn has to make tapes that go past 100 yards, but even SH themselves has decided not to. For those wondering, I would consider shooting an animal at that range, but I do enjoy practicing long shots, especially for events like TAC & MAF.

I assume there is some sort of double indicator the double pin ... though it seems like the spacing is so far apart to be of less value ... IMHO
Awesome input. The assumption for the double pin on the single currently doesn't have a indicator. The lower pin although cannot be moved it can be used as a second pin if the user decides to test and see where it hits. For instance, if my dial is set to 30, I know my lower pin is on at 56. Just an example. Each shooter would have to test and see where their second pin lands for yardage.

bat-cave

WKR
Awesome input. The assumption for the double pin on the single currently doesn't have a indicator. The lower pin although cannot be moved it can be used as a second pin if the user decides to test and see where it hits. For instance, if my dial is set to 30, I know my lower pin is on at 56. Just an example. Each shooter would have to test and see where their second pin lands for yardage.
My .02 is that having to guess / do math in ones head based upon the top pin is a non starter for me. Obviously the delta between where the pin settings will reflect on distance have a bunch of variables ... but my .02 is that a smaller gap is more usable. My hunting setup is more like 30 & 43 (for my setup). My thought being if an animal moves and you need to consider the 2nd pin, you may also be shooting the gap and the bigger the gap the more you're just hoping for a good outcome ... again my personal opinion FWIW. Better shooters may see it differently.

Face8780

Lil-Rokslider
Got the multi pin version mounted up to a new PSE Mach 34. I really like it. I’ve had most of the sites available on the market. I have been going with fast Eddie xl the last few bows. My problem has always been my short 27 inch draw length. I love to shoot long distances. At 27 inches it’s tough. I shoot 80 pounds to help but that only does so much. This new site helps just a bit more. The extra distance I get is much appreciated! The site is pretty easy to set up and I love the ability to change cylinders for different arrows. The pins also suite my eye very well. The price tag, while steep, didn’t concern me. After all, everything is expensive. Flag ship bows are banging on 2,000$ now days. Seems silly to pay 2k for a bow and then complain about 500 for a site to me.