New Federal Fusion TIPPED…. Thoughts

Anyone seen the email about the new tipped federal fusions? I curious about the terminal performance, whether this will be an upgrade in performance or will we see more niche range for the bullet to perform consistently.

Nothing against better performance, but adding a tip to fusions and corelokt bullets will go entirely unnoticed at the ranges they're typically shot at. If it doesn't affect price then I guess its a good thing, but I'd hate to see all the cheap options raise their prices and make premium ammo that much more expensive in response.

OP
sierracharlie338
Nothing against better performance, but adding a tip to fusions and corelokt bullets will go entirely unnoticed at the ranges they're typically shot at. If it doesn't affect price then I guess its a good thing, but I'd hate to see all the cheap options raise their prices and make premium ammo that much more expensive in response.
I don’t disagree with any of this

KenLee

WKR
Only advantage at those ranges is that the user doesn't grumble about soft points deforming in the magazine

Is the bullet construction the same? If so, I can’t see how it wouldn’t be an improvement, seems like it would have to cause faster upset with a hollow point, and more reliable upset

Unckebob

WKR
Fusions are a great deal. If the tipped version shoots accurately, it will put a lot of pressure on Nosler.

WCB

WKR
I wonder if the projectiles are the same as what they sell under the Speer "Impact" line of bullets.
The Fusion Tipped kept the same boat tail as the original Fusion with updated ogives. Also, skived tip. They are different bullets than the Impacts.

bascott1

WKR
I wish they would make a run of fusions in 270 wsm. My gun loves em. Talked with them at sheep show and they said a run of all short mags should be coming this spring.

Honyock

WKR
I've never had issues with Fusion. My gun shoots a little over 1/2 inch groups so I'm not for sure what I would gain from tipped Fusion. Seems like a way for Federal and Remington to make more $$.

TheViking

WKR
I've never had issues with Fusion. My gun shoots a little over 1/2 inch groups so I'm not for sure what I would gain from tipped Fusion. Seems like a way for Federal and Remington to make more $$.
better ballistic coefficient...for some it matters, some it doesn't

fishslap

WKR
Federal fusions already shot well out of a few of
my guns. If price and availability are good, I might try them as my primary hunting round in my 7mm rem mag. I’m using 168gr Berger hybrid hunters now and I’m looking to move back to a bonded bullet.