New from Louisiana

RyanD16

FNG
Just getting in it backpack hunting for big game. Been soaking up all the good info on this site for the past few weeks. Thought I'd introduce myself. Any Louisiana hunters on here?

Can anyone recommend a good backpack elk hunting outfitter?

Ryan

I replied on your other thread, but figured I'd do it on this one too! Welcome to Rokslide! I live in New Orleans and love all South Louisiana has to offer. But come fall, my true passion is hunting out West.

Welcome Ryan...I'm originally from Slidell, LA.

What do you mean by "backpacking outfitter"? I think you are looking for an outfitter to haul you in via horseback and/or a drop camp type deal.

Going guided your first time out is a good idea if you don't have anyone in your party that knows how to Elk hunt, but not absolutely necessary. You can glean a bunch of info from Elk veterans on this board. I went guided my first year and learned allot. I now go DIY. That outfitter sold to I different guy so I can't recommend how the new management handles things.

CO OTC is always an option but not your only option. CO OTC can be a very humbling experience even with a guide. You can look at NM, MT, ID and WY as well. All these states will allow you the option to hunt first year with no points.

PM me and I can help explain your options.

Danny

Back