New Guy Oregon

Petcoon

FNG
I'm from Oregon, Hunt/Trap here, Hoping to do more out of state in the near future. Member of Oregon Hunters Association, Oregon Wild Sheep and Oregon Trappers . Hoping for some good draws this year. Live in Central Oregon near La pine.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

Welcome welcome. Oregon is cool. Spent just about all of my life bouncing around the valley and coast. I’ll never forget every eagle cap adventure! Someday maybe I will come back, but for now I chose to relocate my family to Wyoming where my hunting rights are more protected. I also get to avoid all that west coast crazy stuff.

Best of luck out west there. May the tags be ever in your favor.

Chamon

FNG
I'm from Oregon, Hunt/Trap here, Hoping to do more out of state in the near future. Member of Oregon Hunters Association, Oregon Wild Sheep and Oregon Trappers . Hoping for some good draws this year. Live in Central Oregon near La pine.
Good luck in the draw. I’m and Oregon resident as well, from central Oregon. It’s getting tough to get a quality tag.

I feel like this is a good thread to introduce myself. I live in Beaverton and recently got into hunting. I've had family who were pretty avid hunters when I was a kid but due to their age, they don't hunt anymore. I've taken it upon myself to teach myself how to hunt. I've been shooting long-distance for a couple of years now and feel confident enough to take my skills out into the field. After about a year now of extensive research I'm finally going on my first for black bear when the season opens on August 1st. Probably shouldn't be what I start out with but no better way to learn than by doing it.

Once I get my Rokslide account restrictions lifted I'm gonna post my AR10 set up for long-range shooting to help ease the start costs for hunting because jeez prices add up quickly

Rokslide was referred to me by a friend who uses this site quite heavily and he said buying used gear here is the way to do it.

Definitely a great site to be on. Way better then the Facebook and instagram stuff.
No spring bear? That is the best bear hunting in Oregon and little points needed. If ya haven’t make sure to buy your spring bear point for the year if you didn’t put in for draw.

Fortunately for me I was able to leave Oregon. Wy now.

Definitely a great site to be on. Way better then the Facebook and instagram stuff.
No spring bear? That is the best bear hunting in Oregon and little points needed. If ya haven’t make sure to buy your spring bear point for the year if you didn’t put in for draw.

Fortunately for me I was able to leave Oregon. Wy now.
No missed the chance for spring bear but i will indeed buy my point saver for next year

No missed the chance for spring bear but i will indeed buy my point saver for next year
Spring bear in NE or on the coast is always fun. For what is worth snake river and ches year before last was still very plentiful into the fall.