New guy

Hi! Ive learned a lot from rokslide so i want to join. Im 30, I live in SW montana. Grew up in new england. Was never interested in whitetail hunting growing up, but after living in MT for 10 years i had a friend convince me to go archery elk hunting last season. The best part was he bailed on me and i had to figure it out solo. Man was it fun though! Ive got very into hunting in general this last year and picked up a rifle again as well. Even went after some whitetails. Its been 15 years since i shot a rifle but ive shot pistols and shotguns for fun since i was a kid and have spent lots of time in the backcountry in all seasons. Anyways im having a great time learning to be a better hunter and shooter and having a new reason to go explore the mountains. I find that all my questions have been asked and answered here before but i wanted to join the club and maybe find some used deals in the classifieds.

OP
FoggyScope
Thanks! I got a little whitetail buck and a doe this year actually. A trophy buck is on the list for sure if i could figure out how to be patient. But I grew up with enough whitetail hunters to figure some things out i guess. Funny how i used to not care at all... Top of my list are those elk though. Ive gotten so close but not sealed the deal a couple times so im counting days till september.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new MT member.

Eddie

P.S. Which state in NE? We moved to AZ from MA in 2007. Really miss MA. :ROFLMAO:

OP
FoggyScope
Thanks! Small world, I was raised in MA! Grew up in Northampton and Sunderland. Moved around to NH and Maine when i was a teenager before MT. Couldnt wait to leave new england then, but I do like MA and Maine quite a bit now. Its funny how that works! My wife is part Assiniboine, born/bred small town Montanan so im stuck here now lol. Oh well!