New Kifaru day pack decision help

Logan80

Lil-Rokslider
I'm looking to buy a new day pack for my hunting and camera checking adventures. This year I used a Kifaru E&E and absolutely loved it. It fits well, is made very very well, and didn't get in the way. My only issue was that it ended up being just a little too full and it took some strategic packing to get the things in it that I wanted to carry.

I don't want to carry a framed pack at all, the E&E was close to perfect for me as it is. I've narrowed it down to the Urban Ruck or the Bane packs as an upgrade. I'm torn between them. I like both of them for size and features, I think the Urban Ruck might be easier to waterproof with it's fold-over lid, but the Bane has that handy flap on it for packing in your jacket or other loose items.

I'd like input from those of you that have one, or both, of these packs.

IMG_1157.jpg

Sealee12

Lil-Rokslider
I’d recommend a door gunner - super slim so it disappears behind you. If that’s too small move up to a shape charge.

DaveS

Lil-Rokslider
The E&E has 2" shoulder straps or you can attach the X-ray shoulder straps. The Urban Ruck has the X-ray shoulder straps while the Bane has 1" shoulder straps.

I think from a comfort point of view the Urban Ruck and E&E would be more comfortable than the Bane because of the wider shoulder straps. The Urban Ruck was designed to be a camera bag while the Bane was designed to be a lid and final approach pack that can carry your boots.

I personally would go with the Urban Ruck. I have an E&E and find that in some cases it is too small. I had pods8 make me bag that replaced my E&E for the most part. It is setup to use the X-ray straps in the same way as the E&E. I was planning on getting the Urban Ruck but decided the bag from pods8 does everything I need.

wesfromky

WKR
I love my tailgunner for camera and scouting duties. They are going to do a limited run of the TG, hellcat, and scout lumbar backs soon, so that would be my vote. I just find the lumber packs better for that type of use.

ZDR

WKR
I went from an E&E to a door gunner and love it. Just enough room and as mentioned earlier by @Sealee12 it is super slim, unobtrusive. Great little pack

Have you considered the 14'er? Not a true internal frame but has stakes for support, two nice interior side pockets for a spotter and compact tripod etc. Also works for carry on and fits in overhead bin on planes. This now my primary scouting, day hunt, hiking, travel bag when I don't want bulk or frame. Its a great all around compact pack.

I'd also take a serious look at the shape charge. I use it for my whitetail pack and it is perfect for my use. I have been carrying a bunch of the kids stuff along with a video camera and it carries the weight well. I also added a sherman to the back for my saddle hunting gear and that holds everything perfect and can be removed if I am not going to saddle hunt that day.