New Maven RS.5 4-24x50

Will83

FNG
Better tracking, more durable. I definitely like the ergonomics of it more. I think the low light performance and glass clarity is better. The eyebox is more finicky but honestly I have my rifle fit dialed so it’s a non issue for me. I throw it up and it’s just there ready to rock.
It’s now on my short list. Thank you.

Elikini

FNG
Has anyone who has used the RS.5 had issues with being able to focus it? I just got one and took it to the range and could never get a clear image of my target. Tried adjust the parallax and the diopter with no luck. Am I missing something? Anyone else had this issue? I've never had an issue like this with any of my other scopes.

JakeSCH

WKR
Has anyone who has used the RS.5 had issues with being able to focus it? I just got one and took it to the range and could never get a clear image of my target. Tried adjust the parallax and the diopter with no luck. Am I missing something? Anyone else had this issue? I've never had an issue like this with any of my other scopes.

Strange. I have 3 and they are all extremely clear / easy to focus. Did you turn diopter on the eye piece?

Elikini

FNG
Yes I tried to adjust the the diopter to try to focus it but could never get a clear imagine like it should be.

MTRaine

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t shoot my 28 nosler a lot(it’s my hunting rig not my range rocket) but I’ve been doing a little load tweaking lately and I don’t haven any complaints about my RS5 yet. Glass never disappoints and RTS is always spot on. Here’s a 700 yard group I shot while doing range validation yesterday.

Attachments

• 0EE089F9-859F-4C1B-912C-1E0C71540FE6.jpeg
    0EE089F9-859F-4C1B-912C-1E0C71540FE6.jpeg
    204.7 KB · Views: 18

PTXHunter

FNG
Classified Approved
What would you all say the glass in this compares too? Is it as clear as the Leupold VX5? Better? Maybe closer to a Swaro or Zeiss?

I have their C series spotting scope and really like it, so im really considering this scope now.

What would you all say the glass in this compares too? Is it as clear as the Leupold VX5? Better? Maybe closer to a Swaro or Zeiss?

I have their C series spotting scope and really like it, so im really considering this scope now.
I’d like to know the same thing. I have a really good friend that’s switched from a vx5 and now has mostly rs5’s on his rifles. I have a set of B2 11x45 and an S1 spotter so I have high hopes for this scope.

SteveALA

FNG
Classified Approved
The diopter has nothing to do with image focus. It only focuses the reticle to the users eye. This is on scopes with a separate parallax adjuster.