New Mexico Unit 52

BigShane54

Lil-Rokslider
Question for anyone familiar with this unit, I have a last minute opportunity to get a early rifle tag(Oct12-16) in NM 52. I would be coming from Idaho and very unfamiliar with the unit. Just curious if this is a decent unit, and worth me picking up the tag with the time and travel involved. I've done a little research and it sounds like its a good unit, not your typical "trophy" unit but that's fine with me. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Shane

Austink47

WKR
It is a great unit. Beautiful country and lots of animals. I don’t think you would be disappointed.

OP
BigShane54

BigShane54

Lil-Rokslider
It is a great unit. Beautiful country and lots of animals. I don’t think you would be disappointed.
Thank you, that's what I have kind of gathered. I think the experience is mostly what I am after, getting a bull down will just be a bonus.

Ehiggins

WKR
Was just down there last week. Pm me if you want to talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EastMont

FNG
Putting in for it this year as a NM resident, hopefully draw. Looking forward to a area I have never explored. Can you post any pictures?

Elktaco

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody see a pic of that 340" 5x5 that was shot there during archery? Insane!!

OP
BigShane54

BigShane54

Lil-Rokslider
How did this go? Any luck from either of you?
We went 1/2. My buddy shot a good 5x5 on opening morning and I missed a 6x6 on the last day. The whole week was an awesome hunt in some beautiful country.
@Elktaco no, haven't seen that. I would love to, where can I find that.

KySteve

FNG
I’m looking for NM units to put in for and this unit , “52” keeps popping up as a great unit to see and get a shot at a bull. I’m not looking for a trophy just a crack at one. Will I go wrong in using this as one of my three options?

OP
BigShane54

BigShane54

Lil-Rokslider
I’m looking for NM units to put in for and this unit , “52” keeps popping up as a great unit to see and get a shot at a bull. I’m not looking for a trophy just a crack at one. Will I go wrong in using this as one of my three options?
Yes, I think it would be a good option. I don't think its a "trophy" unit, but a really good unit to have a good hunt