New Packs from Kifaru 2024

The frame for them is a do all solution buy splitting it down the middle.
Sucks they can’t just make another jig….

LitenFast

WKR
The frame for them is a do all solution buy splitting it down the middle.
Sucks they can’t just make another jig….

This..

I’m 6’4” with a 21.5” torso and short for my height legs. A 26” frame has given me adequate lifter angle even with decent amount of weight. I’m leery of a 25” frame doing that for me.

This and a better for me bag design have me looking at ordering a K4 5000 with 26.5” frame from Exo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JNDEER

WKR
This..

I’m 6’4” with a 21.5” torso and short for my height legs. A 26” frame has given me adequate lifter angle even with decent amount of weight. I’m leery of a 25” frame doing that for me.

This and a better for me bag design have me looking at ordering a K4 5000 with 26.5” frame from Exo

I owned all EXO frames (25”- until the K4) 24 & 26 kifaru frames. I can make a 25” work- but that extra angle of lift the 26 gives me feels so much better not only with daily pack weight- but especially with heavy loads.

If the pack won’t be on your back all day for day hunts (stop and glass often) and you don’t mind carry a greater % of weight on your shoulders for the heavy loads a 25” will work- but a 26” is better

This..

I bet you’re correct. I’m 6’ with a 34” inseam (shorter torso) and like my waist belt a little higher than most, so I generally have my packs setup for 17.5” torso, and I wouldn’t want a shorter frame than the 24” duplex lite.

The 25” k4 is perfect for general use for me. I’m pretty sure I’m going to get a second k4 frame with the 26.5” stays and a load crib and have a dedicated meat hauler for when I’m helping others. I hate having to clean my main hunting pack several times a year, especially during season and I see the utility of having a meat hauler setup that I can grab to keep my hunting pack clean

I’m curious to see how this all shakes out for the bigger guys, 25” seems like it has to be a compromise, but of course that’s speculation, I haven’t even tried an Ark on

deadwolf

WKR
My new ARK frame looks to be almost 2” shorter side by side to my 26” duplex lite 26”

The shoulder strap foam, which has been explained to be better in many ways, seems thinner with less padding than duplex lite suspension. Still may be more comfortable as explained in videos, being that it is more dense.

This photo here of the ARK clearly shows off a carbon weave pattern, which is missing from the frame that went to production, it having just a matte black color to it. Serves no function of course, but found it interesting that what arrived wasn’t what was shown in promo photos.
1197998265df4dccf1a0014246ab677f.jpg

Time will tell which is better, I’m excited to give the ARK a try. What I really need now is to get out waaaaaaay more than I do. Nothing like high dollar purchases to help motivate you : )

Last edited:
This..

So did some digging earlier
Duplex lite is 24.5” and 26.5 in reality.

measured my torso from top of iliac crest to the one vertebrae. I should fit that frame but I’ll have to test it in the next 2 weeks when it finally arrives. Curious to see if it can be a one and done.

wowzers

Lil-Rokslider

I’m the same height and torso length. I just got the frame last weekend and have a bag coming. I’ll let you know how it compares to an old duplex frame.

prm

WKR
I measured an Ark and K4 from the center of the waist belt to the top of the load lifter attachment and they are the same. Both are 25” frames.

LitenFast

WKR
The bag would not change that measurement. But it was a 3600.

Correct. But whether you have a K4 in 22, 23.5, 25 or 26.5” frame would.

I thought maybe you were saying the 26.5” k4 frame was measuring 25” like the ARK.

Two 25” frames measuring 25” makes sense.

Sooo how many of you own the frame and how many are just speculating here?

I've got my new ARK loaded to 105lbs (60lb sandbag + 45lb ruck plate) ... I'm coming from a 26" Duplex Lite and the frame is every bit of a dump truck as the last one.

What pictures do you want to see? I'm 5' 11" 185

Last edited:

tbian1

FNG
Is it normal for kifaru to have such a limited stock?? They've only got small duplex frames right now and all out on stryker xls. Looks like the ARC frame, hellbender, and Maniml are in though.

wowzers

Lil-Rokslider
Is it normal for kifaru to have such a limited stock?? They've only got small duplex frames right now and all out on stryker xls. Looks like the ARC frame, hellbender, and Maniml are in though.
I ordered a hellbender on the 4th and it still hasn’t shipped.

I’d contact them. They had an issue with their order transferring at least with my ark frame order. Just message the live agent with your order number