New Packs from Kifaru 2024

I think it’s pretty funny, everyone I meet that complains about the weight of a kifaru pack could very easily drop a pound of their pack with all of the extra shit they pack. Or hell, 20 pounds off their gut
Could also get a different pack, and carry more shit and still be lighter😏

I never cared that my kifaru packs were heavier than others, didn’t care. I would way rather have a heavy pack that carries a heavy load well vs an ultralight pack that doesn’t, I’ve had both, and never complained about the weight of kifaru, it doesn’t matter to me

I will say, a lighter pack that handles heavy loads as well or better is a bonus, but picking a pack based on it’s empty weight is a poor strategy unless you never kill anything.

I have had 2 of the lightest hunting packs made, and coincidentally, they were my least favorite 2 packs… light doesn’t mean bad, but it certainly doesn’t mean good

TrackerG

FNG
Could also get a different pack, and carry more shit and still be lighter😏

I never cared that my kifaru packs were heavier than others, didn’t care. I would way rather have a heavy pack that carries a heavy load well vs an ultralight pack that doesn’t, I’ve had both, and never complained about the weight of kifaru, it doesn’t matter to me

I will say, a lighter pack that handles heavy loads as well or better is a bonus, but picking a pack based on it’s empty weight is a poor strategy unless you never kill anything.

I have had 2 of the lightest hunting packs made, and coincidentally, they were my least favorite 2 packs… light doesn’t mean bad, but it certainly doesn’t mean good
I agree with you. I think it’s kind of ironic the amount of weight we are talking about here right? I mean we aren’t talking about a 10 or even 5 pound difference. Depending on the frame and bag configuration we are talking about 1-3 pounds. Obviously if you buy one of the kifaru packs that’s loaded down with pocket after pocket it’s different. But in reality comfort under a load is the most important thing ever. Confidence in the straps and buckles when you decide to load the hell out of it matters. Enough straps and bucks to secure a ton of meat matters.

The goal is to always be coming out with meat right? So why not have a pack that can handle whatever you are putting in it? I venture to think the guys that are focusing on a ultralight weight pack never put 140lbs on their back for 4 miles.

Attachments

• 6BF4F855-AF49-401D-9541-67988827F07F.jpeg
    6BF4F855-AF49-401D-9541-67988827F07F.jpeg
    700.7 KB · Views: 167

fatlander

WKR
567d4229010672e459ebdf8dee9e52cf.jpg

0d54529d60b7640dbe52a1cdc605deb0.jpg

New frame. Rebrand on their logo too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TX_Diver

WKR
What does a 26” duplex lite frame weigh?

3lb 9oz based on a thread I found but I don’t see a weight on their website?

The rhino reminded me of ecko 😂 but beats my initial impression of the K. Ultimately don’t really care what the logo is though as long as it’s not like a hammer and sickle or something…

What does a 26” duplex lite frame weigh?

3lb 9oz based on a thread I found but I don’t see a weight on their website?

The rhino reminded me of ecko 😂 but beats my initial impression of the K. Ultimately don’t really care what the logo is though as long as it’s not like a hammer and sickle or something…
I swear it used to have a weight on there…I was just looking for that.

TX_Diver

WKR
Same! Thread I found said the posted weight was 3lb but his was 3# 9oz.

Drenalin

WKR
They used to list them, it was right at 3 lbs. They probably stopped because of the variance in weight depending on frame height, strap length and belt size, and a desire not to list a weight of 3.5-4 lbs.

Drenalin

WKR
I seem to recall an episode of Kifarucast with Aron talking about how Kuiu carbon frames could break under heavy load and then you’re screwed…which is why Kifaru didn’t use carbon…
I think Kuiu may have had some issues a long time ago with their CF frame, but I haven’t heard of it in a long time. It’s pretty damn unlikely unless you’re putting lateral pressure on the frame, with Kuiu, IA, or Kifaru.