One-shot

Lil-Rokslider
Hey BlacktailSlayer,
Great post and most important for all hunters whether someone hunts public lands or not as public lands often adjoin private, and all ecosystems are connected. If we maintain the health, and conserve public lands, we conserve the United States. Yeah, I’m sure some readers are saying, “Yeah right.” What we have going for us, as a country, amongst other 1st world nations is the health and vastness of our public lands. They are what sustain us and are deeply responsible for much or our economic prosperity - the outdoor industry accounts for billions in economic activity cross our country. Not to mention that solis is found in the wild places. Keeps it wild, and keep public land in public hands.

Public suggestions were already sent in for 2020 but you can support those now as each office and agency decides whether to move forward or not. Every two years the federal agencies will open a public comment period for the public to suggest land locked public land they would like access to. Keep your eye out for this next opportunity in 2022.
Are the 2020 suggestions posted online, if so do you have a link?

You are asking for permission to cross private land. That’s been hashed out for decades. Maybe centuries. Highly unlikely. You have a better chance of being allowed to hunt public land that isn’t landlocked by anything but a law meaning wilderness areas in Wyoming and that’s not going to happen either.

Kind of naive to think large landowners are just going to sell off easily to allow public access. Their land values would then drop considerably, their peace and solitude would be greatly diminished and open up a whole new can of worms of problems of dealing with the public. I can see the conversation now. So Mr. Ted Turner, “I am the BLM manager and would like to purchase a few acres from you so we can have thousands of public hunters come and harass you, shoot their guns, trespass, leave beer cans and bottles behind and wound hundreds of deer and elk. Would you please consider selling off a few acres which have landlocked the public out of thousands of public acres behind your private land holdings.“ Ted Turner responds, “Not by the hair on my chinny chin chin.”

These kind of deals usually involve some kind of land swap that is beneficial for the landowner as well as the public land agency.
We see a few of these each year in Wyoming. They almost always are small parcels of overgrazed sage brush lands the landowners want to swap for larger parcels of riparian habitat. Many of these swaps entail locking out more acres than they open up. Very few of these are ever beneficial. If Wyoming is serious about opening these up it would require paying off the landowners hundreds of Millions for easements around every section much like North Dakota has. https://www.hcn.org/issues/51.2/public-lands-why-wyomings-public-lands-are-locked-up