New Rokslide Article Submission Guidelines

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks you to everyone—members, prostaff, writers, lurkers—for helping Rokslide grow to new heights in 2014. With 2015 on our doorstep, I wanted to release our updated Writer's Guidelines. Ryan and I are in a position now to invest in more great content. Keep these guidelines in mind if you decide to submit a query. Thank you!

Budding writer? Expert in your field? Let's see what you've got! We even pay for some articles

General guidelines I'm looking for:

1.) Great content: How-to, How not-to, Gear Reviews, Hunting Stories, Backcountry Hunting, Backpacking, Camping, or related.

2.) Well written, proof-read, and decent grammar. Target 500 to 1500 words depending on topic.

3.) Several good quality support photos with captions. Good video will be considered too, but you must do the edit and upload.

4.) DON'T SEND YOUR ENTIRE ARTICLE. I accept 1/2 to 1 page article queries only. If you don't know what a query is, it's time to learn. It will save you valuable time, too. Google "how to write an article query."

What's in it for you?

We pay between $50 and $500 for some well-written, great-topic articles. We can arrange trade for gear for some reviews. Unfortunately, we can't use everything, so don't get discouraged if we don't accept your initial query or if you're not offered reimbursement for your article.

If you're a really hard-working, great writer, with a niche in the outdoor hunting world, you may even qualify for our Pro-staff. This means more pay for articles, more access to great gear, paid travel, and more exposure on one of the fastest growing backcountry hunting sites—Rokslide.com. Like the articles, only send a query.

You can email your ideas to me at: [email protected]

Thanks!

Robby Denning
Co-owner
Rokslide.com

Last edited:

scarboy11

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide! Hey guys and gals - We're interested in your articles! Budding writer? Let's see what you've got!

General guidelines I'm looking for:

1.) Generally well written, proof-read, and decent grammar. Target 1500 words or less.
2.) Good, or better yet, great content (can be a story, how-to, how not-to, gear reviews, pretty much anything back-country hunting, backpacking, camping or related).
3.) Several good quality support photos with captions.

What's in it for you?

First and foremost, fame and glory! But we can also trade Rokslide gear and we do pay some of our regular contributors based on the quality of the submissions. You may also be asked to review gear in the future which you may be able to keep if that's your specialty.

I'm happy to help put the finishing touches on your work and do some editing as needed. Unfortunately, we can't use everything we get but I'll do my best to get you published. Can't wait to see your articles!

You can email articles and photos or your ideas to me at: [email protected]

Thanks!

Robby Denning
Co-owner
Rokslide.com

No luck

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
hey, sorry, yes my email is down completely. I'll fire you a PM when it is back up.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Rizzy,
I'm old school so I still like Word docs and JPEGs at or under 800 x 800.

Thanks