New SG bino harness is on the way ...

Yeah I think so too. I like the straps on the harness too. The guy I spoke to said the biggest thing for him was more comfortable straps and that's what this harness addressed for him

It was a huge driving factor in its development, and it’s not because it is more padded or wider. It’s because it is designed as much as possible to not ride up on the back of your neck. Much better than the original.

Well what harm would it be for one of you “Black Label” type guys post up a couple pictures for us in steerage?

😉

Please…
😋

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240506_120637_Stone Glacier.jpg
    Screenshot_20240506_120637_Stone Glacier.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 116
  • Screenshot_20240506_120657_Stone Glacier.jpg
    Screenshot_20240506_120657_Stone Glacier.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 117
  • Screenshot_20240506_120702_Stone Glacier.jpg
    Screenshot_20240506_120702_Stone Glacier.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 118
  • Screenshot_20240506_120709_Stone Glacier.jpg
    Screenshot_20240506_120709_Stone Glacier.jpg
    422.1 KB · Views: 118
  • Screenshot_20240506_120726_Stone Glacier.jpg
    Screenshot_20240506_120726_Stone Glacier.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 117
The new harness is available to order in their phone app. Just ordered one with a couple of accessories pouches for my new binos. Curious to see how it compares to the AGC cub i've been using for the last 4 or so years.

There are pics on the SG App.

All the pics I saw of the new Sentinel harness had velcro on the wings and the accessory attachment points. The pockets have the same hard plastic backer like the pack pockets to hold shape but still seem to attach via velcro.

I never minded the straps on the original. I still use it and like it.

I just watched the video in the app. It almost looks like you can attach the new accessories to the gen 1 by putting the velcro over the strap like the original rangefinder pocket. That is what has ended up so noisy in the first place so it could be a nice work around for a rifle hunter.

I’m liking the back of the harness. Looks like a more proper design to ride the chest. At 5’7” I feel like the back part of the harness was too long on a lot of other brands.

What do you carry on your left pouch?
Ive been using the kuiu phone case which is similar on my SG skyline. I hold my phone, a couple spare shells or calls, petzl elite, small knife, chapstick, ear plugs.

Ive been using the kuiu phone case which is similar on my SG skyline. I hold my phone, a couple spare shells or calls, petzl elite, small knife, chapstick, ear plugs.
Speaking of earplugs:
2 years ago a friend of mine took me hunting and this one guy met us there. I was to go with that dude in one direction and split at the bottom of where we started. Fast forward to when he shot the deer and he put on his earplugs before pulling the trigger. A couple of months after we went again and I asked him if he had any earplugs left for a younger guy that tagged along with me and his response was "this is hunting who wears ear plugs?" Some people are too funny. I didn't respond and just walked in my own direction to start our hunt lol

How about the straps from the Sentinel, would they attach to the Skyline bino pouch?
Where are you going to get just the straps? You can call them and ask them that though as I don't have an answer for that.

Where are you going to get just the straps? You can call them and ask them that though as I don't have an answer for that.
If I learned that the straps fit, I'd call them and ask if I could buy just the straps. They say no, case closed. I wouldn't mind trying the new straps on my skyline, but don't really want to buy whole new set up to find out how the new straps feel.

Back