New Sig Cross in PRC Line and Proof Barrel

May be old news but haven’t seen it posted yet so figure I’ll share. Sig has a new Cross on display at the Hunt Expo this weekend in SLC chambered in 7mm PRC and w/ a Proof Carbon barrel. The representative said available in June for $2900. 300 PRC and 6.5 PRC available shortly thereafter..

OP
T
I forgot to ask barrel lengths, I would have guessed 22” though. Not sure I’d say it’s a big price bump as it was sporting a new carbon Proof Barrel which is a big upgrade over the current cross barrel.

mt100gr.

WKR
They're playing on people's beliefs that carbon barrels are better and the 7PRC will do things other cartridges won't....they'll sell. Very much not worth it to me, tho.

brazz04

FNG
The carbon barrels are better in most cases. They stay lightweight for hunting and can handle more heat before wandering than a pencil thin hunting barrel. Also I like the nice rigid barrel as a supressor host, and most people running a cross are likely adding one. I had an original cross in 6.5 creedmoor that was an absolute hammer and a blast to shoot. A 7PRC do everything rifle seems like an excellent plan.

OP
T
June for the 7PRC is what the rep said. 6.5 and 300 PRC “to follow” but didn’t get a specific date there.