New Sig MCX - Regulator Ranch Rifle

TxLite

WKR
I’m trying to figure out what this actually offers over a standard AR besides a more “traditional” stock?

TxLite

WKR
For sure. Nothing. Something for the Blue State restricted guys I suppose.
The Fightlite SCR has been around for years. I guess this is just a piston version of that? Weird move, Sig. Maybe there’s a bigger market for it then I’m thinking.

Edit to add- the SCR is also 2lb less and surely cheaper

LeftyWilbury

Lil-Rokslider
as i told our Sig rep "damn that's fugly"
but as noted above, certain poor bastards in certain states might (be forced) to go for it (or settle on it).

Hmmmm…as a former resident of two commie states, I don’t mind it. Lots of folks out there in those states that mod ARs or go with mini 14s or m14s for their “ranch” guns.

I don’t like the looks, but I can appreciate the purpose.

grfox92

WKR
That's the ugliest thing I've ever seen.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Wyo_hntr

WKR
I did enjoy how the rancher-man flinched when he pulled the trigger. Impressive.

I think this is a solution for a problem that doesn't exist, which is why it's so silly. But sig will sell a bunch.

Brian77

FNG
I think it has a market for people that are philosophically or ideologically uncomfortable with a "black" rifle. I know several people that will purchase a semi for use as truck/ trapping gun, or a "farm" gun for coyotes and nuisance control, but only if it is a "traditional" type gun, and not a traditional AR type look. Some women i now also are turned off by a AR "black" rifle look, but would look at something like this

So i get the idea that they are targeting other demographics then the AR guys

jhm2023

WKR
People who vote for government that create regulations causing this ugly thing to be a "work around" deserve this abomination of a firearm.

Kind of reminds me of the 350 legend that only fills a niche that government over each created.

I think it has a market for people that are philosophically or ideologically uncomfortable with a "black" rifle. I know several people that will purchase a semi for use as truck/ trapping gun, or a "farm" gun for coyotes and nuisance control, but only if it is a "traditional" type gun, and not a traditional AR type look. Some women i now also are turned off by a AR "black" rifle look, but would look at something like this

So i get the idea that they are targeting other demographics then the AR guys
You know women turned off by an AR? Do they have peckers and colorful hair? I mean, it wouldn't surprise me these days.

OP
JF_Idaho

JF_Idaho

Lil-Rokslider
You know women turned off by an AR? Do they have peckers and colorful hair? I mean, it wouldn't surprise me these days.
🤣

Some women prefer AKs

But, seriously. That would make sense if this was the Ruger Ranch or Henry Homesteader. But this thing is more Tacti(not)cool than any AR.

In fact any "they/them" that's turned off by an AR would certainly call and think this IS an AR.

CMP70306

Lil-Rokslider
Gotta admit the lever action ARs interest me more than that thing, at least they would make quality suppressor hosts but I don’t really know what this was trying to accomplish as it just looks ugly and bulky compared to a DI AR.

Brian77

FNG

... Maybe just frightened or think of them as "military" type guns?

Mostly an older generation (then me) and parents of friends... that may tag along at the range and I get to hear them visiting about the various types of gun they get to see there.

Remington92

Lil-Rokslider
I know sig likes to charge stupid high prices but over $3k for a gun supposedly marketed to farm and ranches seems like a whole new level of cocaine smoking. The ad looks like they're going after mini 14 market for 3x the money.

Last edited: