New Spot hog sight

Jimbob

WKR
Cameron Hanes was showing off his new hoyt and mentioned a new spot hogg sight that he can't fully show (nice marketing). Anyways, when you look closely it is a scope with three up pins, three markers on the dial as well. Appears that maybe the markers on the wheel can be individually adjusted as well. Also, I think it attaches the same way as pin housing does so easier to interchange. I wonder if anything else is different?

You can look at the video on his Instagram and look at the post with pics of his new bow

Looks like a three pin slider with three pointers, so no matter where you dial, you get a yardage on the tape for all three pins.

If I'm right, I think I'll pass. I get confused enough in the moment with my Black Gold sight and remembering if I'm zeroed or if I set it to something further. I've destroyed many an arrow forgetting I was practicing at 85 (and dialed accordingly) and then shooting at 20.

I hope they make an actual 3-pin for those. I use a 3 pin set up now, but for my other 2 pins I snip off some thin paperclip ends and glue them to the sight body where I have my pins set so I can use all 3 pins no matter what I am dialed at.

The 3 independently adjustable vertical pins is a winner in my books. I like the vertical pin arrangement for aiming on game but was never interested in a two pin arrangement without individual adjustment.

I didn’t see the video but it is advertised in a magazine that I just saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Revised hoggernaught?

That had a dial on the scope.

Could also just be the new sight mounting system that Hoyt is using and he is trying a sight that mounts to that bracket. I'm not on insta so I'm not looking anything up. Just thinking.

Last edited:

SnapT

Lil-Rokslider
There is a screenshot of the sight on a discussion about it on archerytalk . Not sure if i should put up the link so will just say its there .
Looks like 3 independent pins staggered like a single post ie fast eddie xl 3 pin .

6552481a6de97d6b09b0ef7c8d2f41a4.jpg

L.M._Rog

FNG
Here’s a better look, spoke with Chris at Spot Hogg a couple weeks ago about this sight and due to manufacturing issues looks to be another several weeks before release and pricing will be available.
f7329765d821de7ca2711261ecc5360b.jpg

L.M._Rog

FNG
It will be similar with all three pins movable and the yardage markers also independently movable to get proper yardages throughout the entire range of movement

I finally figured out t was called the triple stack, for some reason they dont have it on their site. I am going to pick one up for my first bow. (Matthews atlas)
No complaints so far?
I’m comparing mine to a black gold pro this weekend. Slight chance I may sell it. I have the Tommy Hogg triple stack with 0.19 0.19 0.10 pins and really like it but am testing it with Black Gold this weekend.

I almost bought a triple stack but opted for the Black Gold Dual trac.. A little more simple and it works with the hoyt pic rail on the Ventum

L.M._Rog

FNG
The triple stack is nice but I found myself longing for the Black Gold pins and simplicity. Sold my triple stack and went to a BG pro 3 pin. Both are bulletproof but the BG also saves a few ounces.

The triple stack is nice but I found myself longing for the Black Gold pins and simplicity. Sold my triple stack and went to a BG pro 3 pin. Both are bulletproof but the BG also saves a few ounces.

How was it going from vertical post to horizontal? Which sight picture do you prefer?

L.M._Rog

FNG
For me the horizontal pins seem to be my preferred choice with a multi-pin setup. A single vertical is clean but when you add a couple other aim points on the same vertical plane I seem to loose the 2nd and 3rd pins, probably something with my aging eyes. Not sure if it helps or not. I say try it you may love it.