New Steiner H6Xi Line

jreyna

FNG
I think Steiner just made the optic I wish NF would make in a compact 2-12x42 ffp scope. Their 3-18x50 offering also looks appealing.

The reticle reminded me a lot of a reticle by Burris then I realized they have the same parent company. American made here too so I’m curious to try one out.

I like the idea of a simple ffp reticle, capped windage and a quality zero stop on top of good glass.

TxLite

WKR
Good looking scope. I wonder how it tracks.

Also, lack of mil is a miss

Last edited:

Bigwilly556

Lil-Rokslider
No mil version is a big miss. If these are anywhere near the quality of the T6xi it would have sold big. The 2-12 with a SCR or SCR2 would have sold huge!

jamesmc8

Lil-Rokslider
Specs on this scope look great! Same compact size and weight as the SHV 3-10 but with a better reticle, parralax adjustment and FFP. I emailed to Steiner to see if there are any plans to release a MIL based version. I'll report back if I find out anything of value. Otherwise Shot Show is in just a couple weeks so may be info after that.

FOT223

FNG
Specs on this scope look great! Same compact size and weight as the SHV 3-10 but with a better reticle, parralax adjustment and FFP. I emailed to Steiner to see if there are any plans to release a MIL based version. I'll report back if I find out anything of value. Otherwise Shot Show is in just a couple weeks so may be info after that.
Spoiler alert, it’s coming at SHOT!

OP
jreyna

jreyna

FNG
This scope in a good mil reticle/turrets may the be only scope that could migrate me away from my Nxs 2.5-10x42.

jamesmc8

Lil-Rokslider
Is this the reticle that will be in the 2-12x42? If so it's probably a no go for me. Looks ok on low mag but way too much going on at full. Was hoping for something much more similar to the sparse reticle in the MOA version.

Last edited:

FOT223

FNG
Is this the reticle that will be in the 2-12x42? If so it's probably a no go for me. Looks ok on low mag but way too much going on at full. Was hoping for something much more similar to the sparse reticle in the MOA version.
Not sure I understand this. The MOA is BDC reticle. How would a mil based be a benefit?

jamesmc8

Lil-Rokslider
No sure I understand this. The MOA is BDC reticle. How would a mil based be a benefit?
Ohh! Didn't realize the other was a BDC. Was just hoping that the MIL version would be a similar sparse lay out. Something with heavier outer bars that would maintain a good cross hair at low power and provide 0.5 MIL hold over and wind subtensions. A simplified hunting version of their SCR would be ideal. Just find the tree style more distracting in a hunting scope but if done well it can work.

TTurboEE

FNG
If they come out with this in MIL I would be ecstatic. Just came across this today researching for a new optic in the MPVO range for my tikka build and this fit my needs perfectly. Other then it's only offered currently in MOA. Hopefully that changes.

FOT223

FNG
If they come out with this in MIL I would be ecstatic. Just came across this today researching for a new optic in the MPVO range for my tikka build and this fit my needs perfectly. Other then it's only offered currently in MOA. Hopefully that changes.
It’s out. They just launched it at SHOT today.