New swaro ATX 115mm spotter

skierhs

WKR
Has anyone else seen this? I pack around the 95mm all the time but this next size up seems crazy large even for me!

bowhuntrben

Lil-Rokslider
Oh sure..and I just bought the 95! The 115 definitely looks like too big of a beast anyway. Bet it’s amazing to look through though...

TheHardWay

Lil-Rokslider
The Hubble telescope of spotters...
I'm not a fan of packing around my old 80mm sts let alone something like this! Its getting ridiculous.

I'm in.

I do a lot of Coues hunting. Has anybody heard if it is in stock any where? I'll call Outdoorsman.

TIA

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I’ve looked where I can but did not see if it ups the power on the BTX from 35x with the 95mm where the 65/80mm are 30x

Q child

WKR
I’ve looked where I can but did not see if it ups the power on the BTX from 35x with the 95mm where the 65/80mm are 30x
The website says it'll be 35x. You can see it if you look at the scope system rather than the objective module.
I can't find the price though. Anybody catch how much this monster will cost?

Wow! $3,000 is the price.
My 95mm is all I ever want to pack around but I bet this new lens is awesome from the truck

Outdoorsmans has it listed for $2969, down from the $3299 msrp.

I just returned from a hunt with my 88mm Kowa, which I spent a lot of time behind glassing 1/2 - 4 miles out in cool still air. It seemed like even in that situation the image is limited by heat wave distortion. But I certainly look forward to hearing reviews.

Looking on the Birding forums, the specs aren't as great as I expected. Better low light use than the 85mm, but 27oz more than the 95mm. Fov looks the same as the 95mm.

Q child

WKR
Oh my god. That picture on outdoorsmans with the 115 side by side with the 95 is insane. This one may be too crazy for me. Those Austrians are getting pretty wild this year.

Broomd

WKR
Love it!
Gotta hand it to Swaro, always upping the ante...

I had to chuckle. someone at one of these forums mentioned the debut of this beast after he got some inside dealer intel. Everyone beat on the guy telling him he was full of crap.
Obviously he was right.

Last edited:

Broomd

WKR
Outdoorsmans has it listed for $2969, down from the $3299 msrp.

I just returned from a hunt with my 88mm Kowa, which I spent a lot of time behind glassing 1/2 - 4 miles out in cool still air. It seemed like even in that situation the image is limited by heat wave distortion. But I certainly look forward to hearing reviews.
And that is why so many of us really enjoy the fixed eyepieces.

What point is a 70X when it's virtually impossible to use due to distortion?
It's one reason I like the atx 85mm over the 95mm, I'd rather have use of the lower side of the 85mm's 25-60x than the high side of the 95mm's 30-70x.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Going to need one of my goats to pack it for me. Kind of like a crew served weapons system.

I bet it makes the BTX really shine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk