New swaro RF bino first impressions... VS Zeiss RF binos.

WRO

Yeah I’m talking about a brand new full battery. Never thought to switch it out for another brand new full battery to get another 600yards of ranging ability lol. Something isn’t right with that situation. Just thinking in manufacturing terms. This battery 1000 yards, OR this battery 1600 yards. What happens when the 1600 yard battery looses even the slightest charge?

If you’re used to the bellies already then I’m sure you’ll love them! The glass, readout, and focus are awesome. But for me it wasn’t enough to outweigh the negatives. If they would have consistently ranged 1500-2000 yards, I probably would have kept them and just cussed about the bellies every time I used them lol. But when they were brand new and would hardly range 1000 yards (I’m not exaggerating), I just couldn’t do it. I also TOTALLY agree with the negatives you pointed out on the Zeiss. But I still choose them over the swaros. My buddy just snagged some Leica 3200.com and I’m really looking forward to
Checking those out also.
It's hard to know how long a battery set in a factory before it was shipped out, I've seen it mess with sigs, leicas, and Swarovski pretty equally.

I buy a new battery for all my rf equipment and electronics when I get them.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

OP
huntnful

huntnful

It's hard to know how long a battery set in a factory before it was shipped out, I've seen it mess with sigs, leicas, and Swarovski pretty equally.

I buy a new battery for all my rf equipment and electronics when I get them.

Yeah good point. It could read full, but possibly the shelf life was extremely extended.

you’ve had your swaros since Saturday? Have you been able to get consistent far ranges?

WRO

Yeah good point. It could read full, but possibly the shelf life was extremely extended.

you’ve had your swaros since Saturday? Have you been able to get consistent far ranges?
I haven't done much with them yet, had sick kids all weekend.

OP
huntnful

huntnful

I haven't done much with them yet, had sick kids all weekend.

Aw bummer. Hope they heal up soon! Let me know how the binos do also!

Cameron.25

For what its worth, i have the el range in 8x42 and it doesn't get iffy with ranging until past 1800 yards so far for me. I haven't changed the battery either but im going to to see what happens, i really like them but the zeiss look great too

OP
huntnful

huntnful

For what its worth, i have the el range in 8x42 and it doesn't get iffy with ranging until past 1800 yards so far for me. I haven't changed the battery either but im going to to see what happens, i really like them but the zeiss look great too
Nice!! The new model or the old one?

mhammond86

I'm interested to hear how you think the Leica's stack up against the other two. I'm in the market and trying to choose between the Zeiss and Leica's.

OP
huntnful

huntnful

I'm interested to hear how you think the Leica's stack up against the other two. I'm in the market and trying to choose between the Zeiss and Leica's.
My buddy just ordered the 3200.com's. I'm definitely looking forward to checking them out! I used a pair of their other RF binos that didn't have the ballistic calc in them. The glass and ranging ability was excellent. So the 3200.com now with ballistic calc out to 1100 yards, so that could be awesome!

WRO

My buddy just ordered the 3200.com's. I'm definitely looking forward to checking them out! I used a pair of their other RF binos that didn't have the ballistic calc in them. The glass and ranging ability was excellent. So the 3200.com now with ballistic calc out to 1100 yards, so that could be awesome!
I thought the CA control was atrocious in the couple pairs I've used, I actually prefer the older body style ones to the new crooked ones.

OP
huntnful

huntnful

I thought the CA control was atrocious in the couple pairs I've used, I actually prefer the older body style ones to the new crooked ones.

Not sure I follow what you're referring to? CA controls? Or crooked vs. straight?

WRO

Not sure I follow what you're referring to? CA controls? Or crooked vs. straight?
Chromatic Abberation control is sub par for a set of binoculars that cost that much.

I haven't ran the latest set to see if they've fixed it.

Keep in mind that I'm not a fan of rf binoculars in general and am going out on a limb trying the new ta's.

slim23

after using my sigs for 4 days bear hunting i am deffinetly switching. awesome ranging but the glass is sub par. I wish i had the money for all 3 so i could see them side by side in the real world!