New Taurus GX4 9mm

I have carried mostly Sigs and a Glock or two in my life. The Sig P365 has to be one of the best CCW's out there. A couple months ago I ran across an article about Taurus's New GX4 12 Round Subcompact 9mm. After reading it and a few others I decided to order a GX4 for $319 shipped. It came with 2,11 round double stack magazines and I ordered an extra. I ran 8 different kinds of ammo including 5 different HP/Defensive Ammo as well as steel and brass cased FMJ ammo. After firing somewhere around 200 round I had not one malfunction of any kind shooting this pistol straight out of the box. The pistol uses Glock Sights so I put a set of TFO Fiber Optic Day/Night Sights on it. I have now ran at least 600 or so round still without one malfunction. I decided to order another on for my wife who carries a Glock 43, she loves the pistol just like I do. I know Taurus has a bad name to some people, but this GX4 is a pistol you should take a look at. For around $330 more or less it's a great pistol and I carry it a few times a week. Anyone else own one of these pistols?

Attachments

• Taurus-GX4.jpg
    Taurus-GX4.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 43
Not specifically related, but I bought a G2 a few years ago for my GF. Cost effective and actually a solid gun.

BLJ

WKR
Bought a G3 for my wife to learn/practice with on Christmas Eve. Only have 50 rounds through it so far but it seems to be a very solid. Uses Glock sights as well. Came with 3 mags for $250. Hard to beat really. I think Taurus has stepped up there game.

OP
M
The GX4 is a really great pistol, they built it from the ground up. Those G3's have always been [popular pistols

NVVAHunt

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had 3 (2 semi auto and 1 revolver) and ALL have had issues. Both semi autos would not cycle properly with multiple types of ammo and the revolver had issues with the firing pin collecting gunk resulting in soft primer strikes. After that I got rid of all of them and said never again.

They may have “come a long way” but that was the same thing said when I bought the 3 I had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M
I’ve had 3 (2 semi auto and 1 revolver) and ALL have had issues. Both semi autos would not cycle properly with multiple types of ammo and the revolver had issues with the firing pin collecting gunk resulting in soft primer strikes. After that I got rid of all of them and said never again.

They may have “come a long way” but that was the same thing said when I bought the 3 I had.

It's crazy I own many firearms including at least 5 Taurus's, The only pistol I ever sent in for repair was a $1300 Sig P226 Extreme that had FTF Issues. The new GX4 is getting rave reviews from everyone who shoots it, I carry mine at least 4 times a week. I have a Taurus 7 round 357 that is a great gun.

NVVAHunt

Lil-Rokslider
Yea some work great and some just have issues. Their QC has had some problems but i guess I’m just “lucky” to have gotten 3 lemons.

OP
M
Yea some work great and some just have issues. Their QC has had some problems but i guess I’m just “lucky” to have gotten 3 lemons.

I think they are building there guns a lot better these days, if you Google the new GX4 you won't fimd a bad thing wrote about it, even the Sig guys are giving it props. I bought 2 of them and I love them

OP
M
I have 2 P365's and 2 of these GX4's. The GX4 is right there with my sig, 600 plus rounds now and not a single malfuntion.

Taurus makes really great revolvers 🤣
Ugh… my 2 Taurus revolvers made damn sure I will never buy another anything from them…

To me, Taurus is a snazzier looking hi-point, no matter how much they improve, I could never buy another gun from them

The pistol being discussed here does look to be a good deal, but I couldn’t trust it… how long firearms last, the extra couple hundred bucks is well worth it to me to get a sigp365, or the one I bought (hellcat)

The Taurus will probably sell well, just not to me