New to Self Fletching - Help...

wildernessmaster

Lil-Rokslider
I have decided to go with a 260 spine Easton Axis 5mm for an arrow build for this season.

I did not want to have to fletch my own arrows, but it looks like other than getting some with blazer vanes, I am left with few options. So I need to ramp up on fletching arrows quickly. If anyone on Rokslide can help/point me to GOOD resources/provide input for:

- Best, low cost fletching jig (note I may want to go slightly helical with my fletchings)
- Resources to learn how to fletch - simple, quick and easy.
- Best fletching for a 550+ gr arrow build of this arrow

I would really appreciate the help.

I would recommend getting a bitzenberger jig. Not cheap at around $100, but you won't be upgrading later.

As far as learning resources, I used YouTube. You can find a few good videos on there. Make sure to do dry runs without glue so you can see how the fetching will sit on the shaft, and then adjust the jig from there. Once you have it set where you like, make small marks on it using a fine point sharpie so if you make changes in the future, you can go back to your original setting. Want to note different settings, use different colored sharpies.

And don't forget to prep everything per manufacture recommendation. For example, if you are using aae vanes, you will need the wipes, primer pen, and glue. People complain about aae vanes not sticking, but i have never had an issue as long as i prep correctly.

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
Goat tuff has treated me well. I also like using arrow wraps (reflective) so I don't have to scrape glue off my shaft directly.
There's definitely better ones but at $40 if gives quite a few options. I thought I lost my 3° helical part, called and talked to the owner for a while. Good dude and sent me a replacement piece for free.

Honestly it's the only one I've owned and don't know the other I used so I can't compare. I'm happy with it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk