Why Shoot Right Fletching if Your Arrow Rotates CCW?

The straight on videos look like there is less oscillation with the right fletch. I think @Billy Goat brought up here or a different thread about wanting the flex thing to control rather than go with the flow. Maybe there's something to that.

I got no idea.

But if the point of fletching is drag, I don't know why it should be on the path of least resistance.

I'm solidly in the camp of it doesn't matter which direction tho.

AkRyan

WKR
Not sure why but I've never had a bow clock left...I stand 1 arrow length away from my target to test because it only moves a slight amount in the length. I've seen people on yt do this it 5yrd and then decide there arrow goes ccw. Once it makes a full rotation you don't know what way its spinning.

AkRyan

WKR
The straight on videos look like there is less oscillation with the right fletch. I think @Billy Goat brought up here or a different thread about wanting the flex thing to control rather than go with the flow. Maybe there's something to that.
Hmmm someone is thinking!!! Vanes are for stability and correcting what the arrow is trying to do.

I fletch left helical. I don't think it matters or makes a huge difference at all. Arrows clock left off my bow so I figured why not can't hurt so I did.

I also have not had any issue with broadheads or field tips unscrewing either.
Same here, Started with right helical and then went to left helical. Very little if any discernable difference. I am running DCA mini saber vanes which are pretty small so I think running a left helical with a smaller vane would make more of a difference than if you were to have a larger vane/more aggressive helical to start the spin. I also run some wax on my field tip heads to prevent them from coming loose. Works like a dream.