New to western hunting

OP
R
Thank you I’m definitely glad to be here. I’ve heard this is the best place to learn about tactics and gear!

Lurch12

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome. I also have not been around long ether. Tons of information on here.
move been out west a few times hunting. This year will by my first as the group organizer, and taking 2 newbies with me. Just remember it’s about the experience and not just the killing. Plenty of places to go and tons more to see. Embrace it and enjoy it.
I remember when I got home from my first trip people asked if I was upset I didn’t kill anything. My response was nope. I just had the best 10 days in the middle of nowhere with some great people.
extending that opportunity to my father this year..
Good luck and enjoy!

OP
R
Welcome. I also have not been around long ether. Tons of information on here.
move been out west a few times hunting. This year will by my first as the group organizer, and taking 2 newbies with me. Just remember it’s about the experience and not just the killing. Plenty of places to go and tons more to see. Embrace it and enjoy it.
I remember when I got home from my first trip people asked if I was upset I didn’t kill anything. My response was nope. I just had the best 10 days in the middle of nowhere with some great people.
extending that opportunity to my father this year..
Good luck and enjoy! I will be hunting with a friend and it will be both our first time out west. We are keeping realistic expectations and just hope we can at least hear/see some elk but either way it will be an awesome week in the mountains!

OP
R
I will be hunting with a friend and it will be our first time out west. We are planning on spending 5 days backcountry. We hope to see/hear elk but are keeping our expectations realistic.