New ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT chassis from XLR

MattB

WKR
Not sure if this is the right place to comment, but I recently bought a gen 1 Element from XLR for my daughter and I cannot say enough positive about the experience. Matt was extremely helpful and informative, and took the time to thoroughly answer all my questions even though it was a relatively small dollar order. Overall a great customer experience.

The stock is with UPS as we speak, look forward to posting some additional thoughts once it is received/installed and I have some range time with it.

Msowa

Lil-Rokslider
Appreciate the response on the LOP options...the three options are perfect. My 12 y/o will be rocking an Envy this year at matches. LOP and LH option as well as AICS or AW compatibility was a big selling point. a lightweight hunting chassis would be a great addition to his kit. Keep pushing the boundaries! Matt

Reactions: XLR

skywalkr

Lil-Rokslider
I believe it’s ~28oz..I can confirm in a minute
df80dfa6ee28727482e29cee46f6a3e3.jpg
Awesome, thanks for the help!

slick

WKR
Will this accept Accurate Mag SSSF 3.715 300wm magazines for the Tikka action?

We are working on a few options for cold weather, of course these add weight so we needed to focus on shaving as much weight as possible first, then look into add ons if wanted. We have some strips of rubber that pop into the MLOK slots that add grip and cover most of the metal allowing quite a bit of "shielding" from the cold material. But have looked into different coatings, and materials to be able to attach around the forend for handle.

Is there reason (other than cost) this carbon butt stock can't be screwed on your existing carbon chassis? Seems like it would solve most of the cold issues, and probably help the the balance point more reasonable?

I'm really looking forward to the point when a legit lightweight folding stock hits the market. This one is sure getting close.

OP
XLR

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Not sure if this is the right place to comment, but I recently bought a gen 1 Element from XLR for my daughter and I cannot say enough positive about the experience. Matt was extremely helpful and informative, and took the time to thoroughly answer all my questions even though it was a relatively small dollar order. Overall a great customer experience.
The stock is with UPS as we speak, look forward to posting some additional thoughts once it is received/installed and I have some range time with it.
Excited to hear what you think of the chassis and thank you for the kind words! We need to look into getting you a Gen 3 Element in the future and then you and your daughter can go shooting with almost matching rifles!

Appreciate the response on the LOP options...the three options are perfect. My 12 y/o will be rocking an Envy this year at matches. LOP and LH option as well as AICS or AW compatibility was a big selling point. a lightweight hunting chassis would be a great addition to his kit. Keep pushing the boundaries! Matt

Thanks Matt! Excited to hear what you think of the Envy, and you will be seeing one of the magnesium chassis soon ;)

Will this accept Accurate Mag SSSF 3.715 300wm magazines for the Tikka action?
For the intial release the Tikka Inlet will be only available with a short action magwel. But we are looking at offering the long action magwel, but it will not be the 3.715" but the 3.560" length to work with the tikka action. If you have questions on this feel free to send a DM.

Is there reason (other than cost) this carbon butt stock can't be screwed on your existing carbon chassis? Seems like it would solve most of the cold issues, and probably help the the balance point more reasonable?

I'm really looking forward to the point when a legit lightweight folding stock hits the market. This one is sure getting close.

We will be offering the Carbon buttstock as a standalone buttstock also yes. this buttstock at 11.5 OZ with adjustable cheek rest will retail for $345, and will be a $300 upgrade on all chassis systems including the carbon chassis. Im sure that will also be a popular option.

OP
XLR

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Very nice looking!!! Very glad to see this offering!! Look forward to bumming one my buddy ordered up to try out ;)
I think you will need one yourself!! Give me a call when you have a moment, would love to hear about the blacktail trip with Jacob.

OP
XLR

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
*Update Tikka Long action inlets with the 3.56" magwel are now available online!

Have 8 aluminum chassis already machined in the raw. Lead time will be 2-4 weeks.
Magnesium chassis will have a 6-8 week lead time. Let us know if you have any questions!

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
*Update Tikka Long action inlets with the 3.56" magwel are now available online!

Have 8 aluminum chassis already machined in the raw. Lead time will be 2-4 weeks.
Magnesium chassis will have a 6-8 week lead time. Let us know if you have any questions!

I can't wait to get mine! These are going to be sweet.

OP
XLR

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Bought one this morning! How come you didn't have the Ti grip out a month ago when I got my CF grip? Dang it.
If your order has not shipped yet give us a call and we can always change the grip. If it has shipped recently feel free to call us and if the grip is still in new condition we can always exchange it.

I've had my Element 3.0 for about 3 weeks now and I'm totally satisfied with the CF butt stock and grip, but if the Ti grip was available at the time I placed my order I'd have gone that route for sure. I ordered two identical chassis during your buy 1 get one 1/2 off sale and I'm not so patiently waiting for the 2nd one.

khuber84

WKR
I'm putting a 2oz vertical walnut grip on my xlr 3.0. Gonna need one the bag riders too.

OP
XLR

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Any idea about when a Howa LA will be available?
We have never seen enough demand for letting any of our chassis for the Howa 1500 long action, unfortunately. every year we might get asked single digits. Now we are always trying to track the demand more accurately, so please take a moment and fill out the action inlet request form so it is documented!

OP
XLR

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
For anyone looking for just a little more LOP on the carbon buttstock we now have 1/2" spacer available!

huffed69

FNG
We have never seen enough demand for letting any of our chassis for the Howa 1500 long action, unfortunately. every year we might get asked single digits. Now we are always trying to track the demand more accurately, so please take a moment and fill out the action inlet request form so it is documented!
Ok. I submitted it. Thanks for the info