New Vehicle

I have been driving a 2010 Tacoma, I love the thing but the headlights are dim. Has anyone tried any after-market LED Halo headlamps? I would like to get some advise before I purchase.
j

Contact Jeremy at Retroshop. He did mine and they are AWESOME.

I have been driving a 2010 Tacoma, I love the thing but the headlights are dim. Has anyone tried any after-market LED Halo headlamps? I would like to get some advise before I purchase.

I have an 09, you just need to clean up the headlights with a scratch remover/polisher so they are not cloudy and then run a better bulb. I run silverstar bulbs. Mine havent lasted more then a year or so, but they are bright and not badly priced ~$40 pair.

On my old truck and Jeep I had the plastic headlights buffed when they were looking yellow and learned that removed the UV coating so the became worse and worse with each periodic buffing. Replaced em with aftermarket glass headlights. Problem solved.

boom

WKR
i found that in the TACOMA world there are folks that like to modify the headlights..HALO, angel eyes..terms i dont understand.

BUT there are plenty of good used take-offs out there for sale. i bought a cheap pair and now they are fading again. i'm on the look out for the next set. pretty easy to swap out, but you have to take off so much stuff.

boom

WKR

i think the DEPO brand is okay..the guys on the forums like them. BUUUTTTTT, you have to seal the seams with silicon first. they leak. but they are inexpensive and fit great.

xziang

WKR
"""Tacoma. Has over 100k miles but has a topper and 2 sets of tires to come with it. But 100k miles and still over $20k""""

If you consider a Tacoma MAKE SURE you get the frame looked at and or hopefully the frame was already replaced on Toyotas dime! I had a 2008 which I traded in for a 2017 and they are a decent truck but they are also pricey too.

Keep in mind if you go with an LED headlights for any vehicle, in the winter time the snow might pile up on them for they don't produce enough heat to melt the snow. Furthermore some LED headlights aren't designed for the vehicle and it isn't considerate to other drivers. (blinding)

If you have any questions about a Tacoma feel free to drop me a PM I had my 2008 since new and recently went with a 2017 6 months ago. (still don't have 1k miles on it)

Thanks for the responses on the headlamps. I bought this pickup new. My wife drove it for the first five years. She finally turned it over to me...lucky I guess. The headlights have been noticeably dim since day one. I replaced one side because something shattered the plastic cover. I bought a nearly $200 factory replacement housing and its also dim. I came to the conclusion its a bad design. FYI my wife now drives a camary with the factory LED halo's and those babies are bright! I will contact Jeremy at the retroshop. Internet searches turn up many options, I always like first hand advise if possible. Thanks again

Mike7

WKR
I would be curious to know how that Subaru was modified...lightly my ass. Lol.

I had a legacy about 10-15 years ago, which was an awesome car on icy, snowy highways, but it sucked in the hills. It was way too high geared and had horrible entry/departure angles. It just wasn't designed for off road stuff at all. It would get the crap beat out of it trying to go over some technical stuff because I had to keep it going fast/reved up in 1st gear to have any power. I drove a little Suzuki Sidekick before that with a 4-lo range that would go off road far more places than my Subaru could.

Mike 7 , funny you mention the sidekick. I ve done a good amount of solid off roading in a sidekick. With aggressive tires those things did pretty good. I'm on my 3rd Tacoma right now. Expensive for what you actually get ( Small, basic in tech and or luxury such as heated seats or leather if thats your thing) but reliable and capable off road IMO.

I would be curious to know how that Subaru was modified...lightly my ass. Lol.

I had a legacy about 10-15 years ago, which was an awesome car on icy, snowy highways, but it sucked in the hills. It was way too high geared and had horrible entry/departure angles. It just wasn't designed for off road stuff at all. It would get the crap beat out of it trying to go over some technical stuff because I had to keep it going fast/reved up in 1st gear to have any power. I drove a little Suzuki Sidekick before that with a 4-lo range that would go off road far more places than my Subaru could.

The old sidekick!! Buddy in high school had one and I shudder to think of the places we took that thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk