Vortex HD LHT

OP
prm

prm

WKR
The bling Cerakote isn’t my thing, but in a different color I could really like a Weatherby.

OP
prm

prm

WKR

$1400-$1500. They’ve priced them a little below NF NXS and quite a bit above SHV. I do like the features and design, but it better be relatively bomb proof and dial flawlessly at that price point.

Last edited:

ChrisAU

WKR

$1400-$1500. They’ve priced them a little below NF NXS and quite a bit above SHV. I do like the features and design, but it better be relatively bomb proof and dial flawlessly at that price point.

Real world pricing at retailers will be $1000-$1050, and I'd bet right off the bat without much work one could get one for $800-$900.

OP
prm

prm

WKR
Real world pricing at retailers will be $1000-$1050, and I'd bet right off the bat without much work one could get one for $800-$900.

Valid point, but it’s still comparable to NF SHV at that price point and thus needs to perform well (I.e. dial well and be rugged).

Last edited:
OP
prm

prm

WKR
Yes, per the product manual: “This model features a Second Focal Plane reticle design.”

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
b63d64b15b43bd5b093e71af6e385488.jpg
529d9c9fb2aac70d2cd4bfd22347f59b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OutdoorAg

WKR
Thanks for the photos.

I know everyones (mine too) first instinct is to judge and gripe about what coulda shoulda, but I'll wait until I have one in hand and get to actually use it first. Or else you just turn into that internet poster who B's and moans and yells at clouds.

Props to Vortex for taking a stab at this market.

OP
prm

prm

WKR
What are your thoughts on dialing and functionality?

In for an Mrad hsr-5i. Checks all my boxes other than hoping for an 18 top end. But being SFP 15 is probably better anyway. Glad to see e good eye relief since it’s going on a big 30 :)

skywalkr

Lil-Rokslider
I won’t be buying one but it’s nice to see they are listening to their customer base because it sure has a lot of good features on paper.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Here are my thoughts. This is in no way a final review on the scope.

I did a TT test with my very accurate 6CM on Box to Bench target. Up to 25 MOA and back down, the scope tracked true. But most new scopes do. I then dropped the scoped rifle 12" on a foam z pad on all three sides of the scope. After each drop, I would check zero. It held zero on all sides but the focus knob side. I re-zeroed dropped the rifle again and it held zero. I did the same test with the X5, NX8 and the Maven RS.3 and had no POI shifts.

I really like the reticle and the rather simple zero stop. The weight is fantastic IF it can hold zero.

I don't like the windage clicks they are VERY soft, you almost can't feel them. But I don't think Vortex designed it to dial in windage.

The elevation turret clicks feel a little mushy but usable.

Lots to like about this scope but I still need more time with it to say I would buy one.

Last edited:
Specs look good but I'd prefer FFP with a 15x top end.

Wonder where they are made?