Newb from MN

drtony

WKR
I joined a few weeks ago, buy didn't see this until now. I enjoy the Rokslide community. Lot of good info on here from some experienced people.

wseidel

WKR
Welcome drtony! I'm up in the Two Harbors area and have learned a lot from the Rokslide community, too. Contribute where you can and be open to new ideas on strategy, gear, and physical/emotional preparation for hunting the west.

OP
D

drtony

WKR
Thank you for all the kind replies! It's nice to see some fellow Minnesotans on here!

Blinddog and wseidel-- do you hunt whitetails here in MN or do you go out west also?

wseidel

WKR
I hunt whitetails exclusively in Minnesota...almost out my back door. My western hunts have focused on elk which has become my favorite big game animal to pursue. There is nothing quite like hearing a bugle in the mountains....big, majestic country. We also hunt where there is a high population of grizzlies so that adds a whole new dimension to the hunting experience that we don't have in northern Minnesota. God Bless...

OP
D

drtony

WKR
I am fairly new to hunting in general, but I grew up shooting firearms. I have one hunt in Owatonna where I am from (muzzle loader as this is non rifle area) and one elk hunt in CO, but was skunked. I agree, elk are amazing animals to see, spot, pursue, and hunt. Where abouts do you like to hunt out west?

SixxxerCT

FNG
Welcome from a fellow Minnesotan! I have mostly hunted whitetail from the try using a shotgun but recently started from the ground or saddle with bow and love it. Been playing the point and OTC game for western hunts now and can't wait to start bringing my kids.

Welcome! I'm in Brooklyn Center, work in Avon (west of St Cloud). Hunt whitetails occasionally north of Grand Rapids but primarily elk and deer hunt out west these days.

Welcome, I’m in east bethel mn. Went to Idaho for elk last year and was able to get all my gear on here and all the people were awesome to deal with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk