Newberg says a $40 elk tag (or whatever it cost) is a $25,000 elk tag for residents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He gave you a personal example that supported it.....as with anything I can show you a spot in the west that cheaper where no one really wants to live or more expensive place where. Everyone wants to be.

I moved from a area that I sold a single story house on a small amount of property for 700k in 2021 and struggled to find anything in the area I got a job For less then that yet everyone thinks it's cheaper to move out west.

Anyone can make the data show what they want. If it's so easy and cheap to live out west come on out new resident hunters are always welcome more votes to prevent colorados situations because more nr hunters sure as hell won't help that situation I am sure there is some excuse why you all don't do it though or that's where I am going to retire.....hahaha.

One data point does not a conclusion make.

I'll be out there soon enough. And when I do move the residents will talk shit because I'm "not native." Damned if you do damned if you don't.

Archer86

WKR
Why do you care if someone waits until they retire to move there? They are still supporting the local tax base even if they are retired.
It's just funny i don't care if they do everyone has got to dream. You just hear it alot in here and I bet a small percentage that say they are going to move when they retire actually do. Kind of a empty threat.

Archer86

WKR
One data point does not a conclusion make.

I'll be out there soon enough. And when I do move the residents will talk shit because I'm "not native." Damned if you do damned if you don't.
Haha. Most resident are decent as long as you don't bring bs politics with you. But the soon enough talk will never get you there just pick up and move you think it's so cheap and easy get on it.

Haha. Most resident are decent as long as you don't bring bs politics with you. But the soon enough talk will never get you there just pick up and move you think it's so cheap and easy get on it.

I'm bringing my politics with me. You'll have to trust it'll be an improvement to your current state.

I already have the patch of dirt.

1710166133253.png

Douglasr

Lil-Rokslider
I'm bringing my politics with me. You'll have to trust it'll be an improvement to your current state.

View attachment 685696
More urban sprawl!
More traffic!
More natural resources being used!
Woohoo!
The American dream!

Not trying to call you out specifically, but the unless you’re really big into hunting and the tags are worth that much to you, the juice ain’t worth the squeeze IMO.

Douglasr

Lil-Rokslider
I’m just gonna save my 25k, hunt white tails and squirrels at home and save the west for skiing and mountain biking.

Douglasr

Lil-Rokslider
Retiring to the mountains seems like an oxymoron to me.
Retirement age people need to be looking for single story houses, flatter land, warmer climates and a bath tub with a door.

Reactions: TVW

Archer86

WKR

View attachment 685696
That's cool looks like shit ground somewhere any 12 year old can pull a picture from onx and say look I got land. Put your big boy pants on and move and stop complaining about resident if you so badly want to be one

My guess is if you act anything like you do on here it's not your politics that will have residnet not enjoying your company.

That's cool looks like shit ground somewhere any 12 year old can pull a picture from onx and say look I got land. Put your big boy pants on and move and stop complaining about resident if you so badly want to be one

My guess is if you act anything like you do on here it's not your politics that will have residnet not enjoying your company.

I'd move now but I still have kids in school. I wouldn't subject them to your school system for my own benefit...they could end up like you!

More urban sprawl!
More traffic!
More natural resources being used!
Woohoo!
The American dream!

Not trying to call you out specifically, but the unless you’re really big into hunting and the tags are worth that much to you, the juice ain’t worth the squeeze IMO.

I just want to be outside every day. Definitely won't be staying the winter tho.

Douglasr

Lil-Rokslider
I just want to be outside every day. Definitely won't be staying the winter tho.
For the love of god just buy a camper and go camping!!!!!!!!
Then you can have every western state and there’s not more house everywhere 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.