Newberg says a $40 elk tag (or whatever it cost) is a $25,000 elk tag for residents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is called your personal choice.
This might surprise you, but the wind blows in Illinois too.
Tornadoes don’t count 😂
Yeah, I’m pretty sure you could work at copper mountain, live in employee housing and get a resident license.
Yes but you’re not making any surplus money. Employees used to live in a trailer park in Leadville but now it’s cheaper to live in their car illegally parked somewhere in Silverthorne.

tpicou

Lil-Rokslider
Please keep it civil or I’m going to contact my senator and representative and have them vote yes on turning all BLM land into solar farms.

8i645r.jpg

Swamp Fox

WKR
Didn't read the whole stupid thread.

If RN's point is that the value of a tag is more than $12, he's a phuckin' genius, but not the first one.

Not sure where you go beyond that .

bradmacmt

Lil-Rokslider
I didn't listen/watch the Newberg stuff but it ain't that expensive to live in Cheyenne, Boise, Bozeman, insert any big blue city in Western states...
By comparing it to Cheyenne or Boise, you clearly know nothing about how expensive Bozeman is...

Median Home Price January 2024:

Cheyenne - $425,000
Boise - 495,000
Bozeman - $762,000

Not all Western states are the same, and certainly not all Western towns and cities are the same. When I came to Bozeman over 30 years ago the saying was " half the paycheck is the view." Wages were LOW here for many years, and only recently have caught up with other comparably sized towns of 50K people. Having said that, my daughter is a nurse but can't really afford to live here where she was raised. She lives in Billings because the pay is more there than here, and housing is significantly less.

Douglasr

Lil-Rokslider
Tornadoes don’t count 😂

Yes but you’re not making any surplus money. Employees used to live in a trailer park in Leadville but now it’s cheaper to live in their car illegally parked somewhere in Silverthorne.
I owned a home in Illinois and worked there as a creepy 30 year old lift op for 2 years.
I lived in my car/tent illegally north of Silverthorne, but if you took it seriously, you could have surplus money and afford a few (15 elk tags per month).
68F5B9F2-8B6C-4FCC-839E-4742F119A87A.jpeg

S.Clancy

WKR
I'll make you a deal. When I show up with the millions I've saved for retirement and bid up the land you wanted to buy for my retirement pad you have forfeited your right to bitch about it.
Well, you'll be late to the party in MT at least.

Swamp Fox

WKR
I'm typing out a letter as we speak to my reps arguing that we should release wild hogs in the Mountain States and call them "Spanish Elk"... :ROFLMAO:

Some folks around here think they can identify Spanish pigs here today from the 16th century ... I shit you not.

You'd have to be on an island, or off in the ozone.

tdhanses

WKR
Most of those tax payers don't hunt so in turn don't give a sh!t about nr ability to hunt out of state and don't care about the amount nr are allocated. They just care about the ability to recreate how they see fit and they can ski and hike and mountian bike drive through national parks all they want.

The tax argument is dumb when you look at how many hunters there are as a whole and then how many of those hunters are traveling hunters the fact is every tax payer is paying for NR hunters to have the ability to hunt out of state and be provided these opportunities nr hunters don't pay the 47 cents extra Montana get its mainly funded by non hunters that can use the resources they want just fine
CO annually gets 25% of MT’s population in NR hunters in the state, maybe 45% of WY’s population. NR numbers are pretty high if you look at all 50 states sales. Bet they all pay federal taxes.

If WY offered 300k NR licenses, it would sell out.

Douglasr

Lil-Rokslider
I owned a home in Illinois and worked there as a creepy 30 year old lift op for 2 years.
I lived in my car/tent illegally north of Silverthorne, but if you took it seriously, you could have surplus money and afford a few (15 elk tags per month).
View attachment 683222
@chasewild
This is why avid-I took me on as his apprentice.
Bring me up to Alaska.
I’m ready for it. 😆

Status
Not open for further replies.